web browser???

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 49
    1337_5l4xx0r1337_5l4xx0r Posts: 1,558member
    I have no rendering problems with fonts in Firefox, with crackberry.com, wordpress admin pages or other sites.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Text_overlaps_on_Mac may fix the issue some are facing; I don't know, as I don't have them.

I've yet to see rendering snafus on this machine, a MBP C2D.

http://www.stimuli.ca/random/20070208/firefox.png

http://www.stimuli.ca/random/20070208/ff2.png

I find FF's rendering superior on Mac (vs PC)... witness these scaled-down 75x75 pixel images here (choose a gallery):

http://www.stimuli.ca/gallery/

On Windows XP, they look savage; all pixely and fugly.
  • Reply 42 of 49
    mrsinmrsin Posts: 163member
    Mr. Me is right, Camino is wonderful. For those with text rendering issues, I would recommend checking text (character) encoding under View in Camino and Firefox. UTF-8 tends to work rather well for me. I?m a die hard Camino fan, preferring to run the recent nightly builds.
  • Reply 43 of 49
    Idle curiosity: what do you prefer about Camino? It lacks both the extensions of firefox and the integration/launch speed of Safari?

Not attacking you, just curious.
  • Reply 44 of 49
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    i use safari so i can sync all my macs bookmarks

i don't like how safari handles pdf when the pdf launches i can't mag it to read some of the fine print, had trouble viewin a pdf to repair my faucet. used firefox then preview to view and manipulate

am i doing something wrong in safari when it comes to pdf???
  • Reply 45 of 49
    evokenevoken Posts: 56member
    Firefox has been my favorite for some years now, but recently Safari with SafariStand and Saft installed has been changing that. Safari is also faster in every sense than Firefox (loading pages, scrolling, launching, etc.).

Evo
  • Reply 46 of 49
    mrsinmrsin Posts: 163member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 1337_5L4Xx0R View Post

Idle curiosity: what do you prefer about Camino? It lacks both the extensions of firefox and the integration/launch speed of Safari?

Not attacking you, just curious.

To be honest, and possibly due to my age, I?ve never been big on themes, skins, extensions or, with the exception of Quicksilver, plug-ins. Like most everyone here, I?ve tried and occasionally continue to try the various browser offerings available. Camino is the one I?m most comfortable with, appeals to me the most, and the one I always come home to. There are sites that force me to use a browser other than Camino, for example, in order to use the full version of Windows Live Mail, I have to use Firefox, so I use Firefox for that. Like you, I won?t attack those that choose any of the browser alternatives, but I get just a bit perturbed when my personal choice (Camino) is attacked. Like where kritikal said in part, ?... but it absolutely sucks.? OK, Camino doesn?t work for him/her, that?s fine, but it doesn?t mean it ?sucks?? At some point in time, my personal browser of choice could change, as it did when I changed from LaunchBar to Quicksilver for my application launcher and data manipulation utility, so until that point in time arrives, Camino is my browser of choice.
  • Reply 47 of 49
    dmberdmber Posts: 204member
    you can use google bookmark sync with firefox.
  • Reply 48 of 49
    You don't really need to think that hard about which browser is the best. Just use Safari for regular use and use Firefox 2 to view pages that can't be opened in Safari (like Yahoo Mail Beta)
  • Reply 49 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pazimzadeh View Post

You don't really need to think that hard about which browser is the best. Just use Safari for regular use and use Firefox 2 to view pages that can't be opened in Safari (like Yahoo Mail Beta)

thats what im pretty set on doing. i was just wondering if there were any other browsers worth checking out.