Apple's iPod to hit half-billion sales mark before cool-off

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 64
    I love the idea behind it and as someone who uses a lot of the stuff in Komplete, being able to easily

categorize sounds would be a huge benefit.
  • Reply 62 of 64
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Wasn't this thread meant to be about iPod sales?

The point here is that all iPod's sooner or later will be phones, so they will lose the iPod moniker, which will make it pratically impossible for iPod's to reach 300 Million unit sales, not to mention 500 Million. The shuffle may well stay round for those who don't want a phone or don't want to take one with them. iPhone this year, iPhone nano early next etc.
  • Reply 63 of 64
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    As much as any audiophile would hate to hear [pun fully intended], the ear is a purely digital receiver. Yes I said it, a biological ear is a digital receiver. It is as near a perfect fourier-transform as exists. It is even proven to be susceptible to the same close frequency masking problems that computer based transforms are. There is nothing about a human ears frequency response potential that isn't known to exact digital limits. That means we can design design and manufacture circuits that create sound more perfect than the ear can receive.
  • Reply 64 of 64
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hiro View Post

As much as any audiophile would hate to hear [pun fully intended], the ear is a purely digital receiver. Yes I said it, a biological ear is a digital receiver. It is as near a perfect fourier-transform as exists. It is even proven to be susceptible to the same close frequency masking problems that computer based transforms are. There is nothing about a human ears frequency response potential that isn't known to exact digital limits. That means we can design design and manufacture circuits that create sound more perfect than the ear can receive.

You are absolutely correct!

I have tried to explain this to people, but they are too much in shock after I tell them, to want to believe it.

Also, eyes have about a million nerve connections to the rest of the brain, while our ears have only about 30 thousand. We also lose those connections from the ears as we get older.

The ear is an imprecise mechanism.