Apple's iPod may gain Wi-Fi by holidays

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 45
    New Widescreen Multi-Touch iPod with 60GB SSD ,Airport Extreme(N) & Bluetooth for :

Direct iTunes downloads , photo sharing between devices (phones/ipods/computers), wireless Syncing of new media content from iTunes on your mac to your iPod so you can have an empty usb port for your iPhone you can also share your media on your ipod with any AppleTV within range

all this for $350-$450 I would buy two
  • Reply 42 of 45
    And They Better Make It Fuckin Scratch Resistant ! (revolutionary Scratch Resistant Glass)
  • Reply 43 of 45
    shaun, ukshaun, uk Posts: 1,050member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

DigiTimes's report is somewhat in line with expectations published by AppleInsider over the course of the past few months. Sources initially reported that three distinct iPod models lie on Apple's roadmap for 2007, later adding that one of those players --- a next-gen video iPod -- was tracking for a third quarter release.

[ Digg this story ][/c]

I seem to remember reading similiar reports about this time last year and the year before!

If it's true I hope we get a video iPod with PDA functions and wireless headphones. Please
  • Reply 44 of 45
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Blascock View Post

How will wifi help anything? Wow now we can transfer songs from my computer to my ipod even slower than before and waste more battery!

Sounds pointless to me.

As it stands right now the Video iPod can barely handle its battery demands, running a wifi chip off of a crappy lithium ion (Cell phone) battery is not going to work. SOME ONE NEEDS TO INVENT A BETTER BATTERY TECHNOLOGY. I would do it but I am too busy posting useful messages on blog sites.

GO NUCKS!

-Shaun MAN
  • Reply 45 of 45
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,600member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shaunman View Post

As it stands right now the Video iPod can barely handle its battery demands, running a wifi chip off of a crappy lithium ion (Cell phone) battery is not going to work. SOME ONE NEEDS TO INVENT A BETTER BATTERY TECHNOLOGY. I would do it but I am too busy posting useful messages on blog sites.

GO NUCKS!

-Shaun MAN

As this is your first message here, you better get cracking!