Will there be a 10.4.10 update ?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Given the four month pushback, will there be another update package ?
«1

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 22
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Why not?
  • Reply 2 of 22
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Oh no, absolutely not. A *.*.10 update would simply be confusing to users, so they'll completely skip it.



    Or hadn't you heard?
  • Reply 3 of 22
    atlasatlas Posts: 90member
    Doubt it.



    If anything, they would go up to 10.4.9.1 (wow that's long.)



    You really can't go to a two-digit number unless there's a point after it, so I would think they might even jump straight to 10.4.10.1
  • Reply 4 of 22
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Atlas View Post


    You really can't go to a two-digit number unless there's a point after it



    Now there's some interesting logic.



    (WTF?)
  • Reply 5 of 22
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Atlas View Post


    Doubt it.



    If anything, they would go up to 10.4.9.1 (wow that's long.)



    You really can't go to a two-digit number unless there's a point after it, so I would think they might even jump straight to 10.4.10.1



    but that would indicate a smaller update than 10.4.10--like iTunes 7.1.1
  • Reply 6 of 22
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Atlas View Post


    Doubt it.



    If anything, they would go up to 10.4.9.1 (wow that's long.)



    You really can't go to a two-digit number unless there's a point after it, so I would think they might even jump straight to 10.4.10.1



    BZZZZZZZZZZT. Here we go again.



    When was the last time you saw a decimal number with *two* decimal points?



    ie, these are not decimal numbers.



    ie, the whole "two-digits must need a point after it" is bogus.



    ie, 10.4.10 is a perfectly valid build number and *is* the version after 10.4.9.



    The points are just delimiters, they are *not* decimal points. You could just as easily write it 10-4-9 and it would be just as valid: Major build-minor build-patch build.
  • Reply 7 of 22
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Nono. Obviously, the version after 10.4.9 is 10.4.ELEVEN.
  • Reply 8 of 22
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    It's one higher!
  • Reply 9 of 22
    10.4.X is my bet.
  • Reply 10 of 22
    japplejapple Posts: 91member
    I believe I already told all of you it will be Mac OS X 10.3.9b
  • Reply 11 of 22
    sc_marktsc_markt Posts: 1,393member
    I bet there will be an update. Don't know how they'll number it though... Perhapd 10.4.9.1.
  • Reply 12 of 22
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    I'll bet you $63.42 it'll be 10.4.10.
  • Reply 13 of 22
    mrsinmrsin Posts: 163member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Outsider View Post


    I'll bet you $63.42 it'll be 10.4.10.



    OK, why $63.42 ?
  • Reply 14 of 22
    sthiedesthiede Posts: 307member
    i bet theres no more update packages
  • Reply 15 of 22
    kingmekingme Posts: 70member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chucker View Post


    Nono. Obviously, the version after 10.4.9 is 10.4.ELEVEN.



    All our software goes to 11.



    - Spinal Tap Programming
  • Reply 16 of 22
    pbpb Posts: 4,231member
    I cannot believe that the argumentation about the update numbering scheme still goes this strong.



    Of course, if Apple feels that there are so significant changes needed for Tiger, it will do it no matter what the name will be. But something tells me that with the already announced delay, Apple will not risk to further postpone Leopard by spending time on updating once more Tiger.
  • Reply 17 of 22
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    If Tiger needs the update, they will update it. Security patches, bug fixes are reasons enought to continue supporting a CURRENT operating system.
  • Reply 18 of 22
    s.metcalfs.metcalf Posts: 870member
    My money is on minor bug fixes included in Security updates...no 10.4.10
  • Reply 19 of 22
    irelandireland Posts: 17,521member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bacillus View Post


    Given the four month pushback, will there be another update package ?



    I have told me there will be one.
  • Reply 20 of 22
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by s.metcalf View Post


    My money is on minor bug fixes included in Security updates...no 10.4.10



    There are still plenty of bugs to fix in 10.4, therefore there will be a 10.4.10 and probably also a 10.4.11 until october.
Sign In or Register to comment.