Rumour Roundup: Apple NAB new products and software April 15 Sunday..!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Okay, I will post here soon. In just 4 Hours we may have some new stuff. w00t!

By the way, it's forecast that LasVegas it will be *raining today*... WTF...

A rare day for the desert...

"It's Raining Macs! Hallelujah! - It's Raining Macs! Amen!

I'm gonna go out to run and let myself get

Absolutely soaking wet*!

It's Raining Macs! Hallelujah!

It's Raining Macs! Every Specimen!

Wide, thin, black and white

Sleek and mean and clean and bright...

God bless Father Stevie, he's a techie lover too

He took off to heaven and he did what he had to do

He taught every Apple Store to rearrange the sky

So that each and every geek could find their perfect Mac

It's Raining Macs! Hallelujah! - It's Raining Macs! Amen!

It's Raining Macs! Hallelujah!

It's Raining Macs! Ame---------nnnn!......"

*Yes sounds a bit dodgy...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 53
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    http://www.macrumorslive.com/

"Welcome to the MacRumors.com Live Coverage site. This site provides live coverage of Apple events such as the WWDC and MacWorld San Francisco keynotes.

A Special Event takes place at 11:00am on Sunday 15th April at NAB in Las Vegas. MacRumorsLive will provide coverage of this event; for advertising please see our advertising information.

The next major event is the Worldwide Developers Conference in June. For special advertising opportunities at this event please contact us."
  • Reply 2 of 53
  • Reply 3 of 53
    As promised, rumour roundup here:

http://www.usrbingeek.com/a/000919.php

"April 01, 2007

Apple's Big Announcements At NAB Disclosed

Saturday I got a tip from a very reliable source and was just able to confirm it with several others close to key Apple employees.

On April 15 Apple is having a press event at the National Association of Broadcasters Conference. It has been speculated and now is pretty widely accepted that Apple will announce a new Mac Pro, probably featuring 8 cores.

But I've been able to confirm they will also be unveiling OS X Leopard with its secret feature: Multi-Touch Display support! Multi-Touch was first seen at the iPhone announcement but Apple has not yet announced or introduced this technology in any other product.

As part of this monumental change we can expect to see up to 30" Multi-Touch LCD Displays, 20", 24" and 30" Multi-Touch iMacs, which by the way will feature quad cores, and last but not least, two Multi-Touch MacBook Pros models! No word on which processors the new MacBook Pros will have.

Remember that you heard it here first today!"

http://www.looprumors.com/article.ph...ent,2704331022

"Apple has been peculiarly quiet leading up to this year's National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) conference. Recently, Apple updated its Final Cut Studio suite of applications to make them Universal Binary, capable of running on Apple's new Intel machines. While the NAB is for broadcasters and electronic media, Apple usually has a strong presence at this show and has traditionally unveiled new products during that time.

UPDATE: Information is trickling in that Apple will be releasing a universal version of Final Cut Express HD at the conference possibly alongside new MacBooks. The NAB conference runs from April 22-27."

http://www.macrumors.com/

"Apple's special event at the National Associations of Broadcasters (NAB) will be held this Sunday at 11:00am PDT, 2:00pm EDT. MacRumors will be providing live coverage of the event via MacRumorsLive.com.

Apple is widely expected to introduce an update to its Final Cut Suite, along with a possible introduction of a new high-end product named Final Cut Extreme. ThinkSecret has also mentioned a possible display update at or around NAB, and believes the 17" MacBook Pro may be updated to include a high definition display.

Apple's displays have not seen specification updates for quite some time, although they did see a price drop last week."

http://blogs.adobe.com/genesisprojec...e_the_mad.html

"What I will try and do is over the next few days try to give you some idea of what’s going on at least from the Adobe side of the house and what I may see in the few nanoseconds that I’m not in a meeting.

At a minimum, I think this will be an intriguing year for NAB. Adobe is going back to the Mac with all of its video applications, so that’s a big deal in and of itself. For me – it’s not about Premiere Pro, though I’m excited for Mac users everywhere to get Dynamic Link, Clip Notes and more on the Mac. Rather, it’s about being able to offer a solid suite of tools for the video professional regardless of whether they’re using Final Cut, Avid or Adobe. Perhaps that sounds coy, but I’m serious. I think we’ve got the best suite of tools that are integrated and that will work great with whatever NLE tool you choose to use. Do I want Premiere Pro to be used – absolutely, but I also believe that users want to get work done and learning a new NLE takes time. So – you need Photoshop Extended and After Effects, and probably a couple other of the products in the suite, you pick up Production Premium and they will use it with Avid or Final Cut. I’m okay with that.

All right, get back on track or I’ll have to name this post, ‘Musings on going back to the Mac.’

We’ll have some announcements (just like everybody else), so Monday ought to be full of NAB news. Check out CreativeCow.net and DigitalMediaNet.com for all the latest. I’ll try to post something as well."
  • Reply 4 of 53
    3 Hours To Go...
  • Reply 5 of 53
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

3 Hours To Go...

what time does it start, in eastern? 2 pm right?
  • Reply 6 of 53
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rich-Myster View Post

what time does it start, in eastern? 2 pm right?

Yup, Pacific 11am, Eastern 2pm.
  • Reply 7 of 53
    Quote:

Yup, Pacific 11am, Eastern 2pm.

ahh still 2 hours
  • Reply 8 of 53
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rich-Myster View Post

ahh still 2 hours

Welcome to the world of counting down to an Apple event. ...It's freakin 12 midnight for me right now. Luckily there's some good football (soccer) happening Live in Manchester, UK at the moment..... [Chelsea vs. Blackburn ...FA Cup]
  • Reply 9 of 53
    Quote:

Welcome to the world of counting down to an Apple event. ...It's freakin 12 midnight for me right now. Luckily there's some good football (soccer) happening Live in Manchester, UK at the moment..... [Chelsea vs. Blackburn ...FA Cup]

wow. early.
  • Reply 10 of 53
    30 minutes to go.
  • Reply 11 of 53
    http://www.Macrumorslive.com

is prepped and ready for action:

This page uses the latest web technologies to provide live coverage of this event. The page will not visibly refresh as it has in the past -- instead updates will be automatically inserted at the top of the updates section. Do not reload manually.

Apple's special event at the National Associations of Broadcasters (NAB) will be held this Sunday at 11:00am PDT, 2:00pm EDT, 6:00pm GMT; live coverage will be available here.
  • Reply 12 of 53
    Quote:

http://www.Macrumorslive.com

is prepped and ready for action:

This page uses the latest web technologies to provide live coverage of this event. The page will not visibly refresh as it has in the past -- instead updates will be automatically inserted at the top of the updates section. Do not reload manually.

Apple's special event at the National Associations of Broadcasters (NAB) will be held this Sunday at 11:00am PDT, 2:00pm EDT, 6:00pm GMT; live coverage will be available here.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/04/15/a...from-nab-2007/ they're live with pictures and everything
  • Reply 13 of 53
    Cool....

11:09am - Rob Schoeben, VP of Apps and product Marketing. "Welcome, we have a TON to cover today, so I'm not going to to any kind of preamble. Just gonna dive right into it."

11:10am - "We are now over 800k paid Final Cut users worldwide. By the looks of things, a few of them didn't get in. But a lot of you are here, so thanks for coming." He's going over Final Cut community, books, plugins, all that fun business. "It's a Final Cut World." Here's a sample.... showing some stuff done in Final Cut.

11:12am - All kinds of movies, TV shows, music videos, all done in Final Cut -- set to the Ramones cover of "It's a Beautiful World."

11:14am - "We get tons and tons of feedback. Editors live in this software day in and day out. At the same time, there are issues that haunt them. There are massive, massive amounts of content. We have to start working in parallel. What we've done is to combine the feedback we get from our customers with our obsession. We're introducing Final Cut server."
  • Reply 14 of 53
    Apple Store Globally is down.
  • Reply 15 of 53
    11:15am - Scalable from small boutiques to multinational news organizations. Interface works on PC as well. Media asset management: catalogues 100 file types, proxy generation, keyword searching, access controls. Workflow automation: workflow templates, watch and respond system, review and approve tools, automated encode and publish -- "It's an event-based system." [P.S. Apple Store just went down]

Apple Store Australia still up.
  • Reply 16 of 53
    11:18am - "Because we've backed compressor into it, you can control the delivery from Final Cut Server." Obviously, it's well integrated with Final Cut, including time-saving shot selection, proxy rough cut... They've been working with CBS 2 News / KCAL 9 in LA. Promo video of their using enhanced workflows with Final Cut Server.
  • Reply 17 of 53
    11:20am - Looks like CBS 2 liked it. "Everyone wants to tackle this problem. We thought about how to deliver this product to the marketplace: Let's be really aggressive. It's $999 with 10 concurrent users -- 99 bucks a seat to solve this problem. If you have more people to get involved in the process, for $1999 it's unlimited concurrent users. All you need is this piece of software, add as many as you want. You have licenses for everyone. Available this summer."

11:23am - "Let's turn our attention to Final Cut Studio. We've been working hard to make this the biggest upgrade we've ever seen seen in professional applications at Apple. Final Cut Studio 2. Final Cut Pro is version 6, and we're introducing ProRes 422." Can compress full raster HD quality video from 1TB to 170GB.
  • Reply 18 of 53
    11:24am - Bandwidth efficient, portable, color space headroom, and next gen device support. Including Sony's new HDCAM SR 1080p60 storage system introduced here at NAB... that explains those Sony peeps!
  • Reply 19 of 53
    11:25am - "Not only are we working with the leaders, we're working with.... "[Applause, RED slide comes up.] Showing a RED 4k demo.
  • Reply 20 of 53
    11:26am - "You can take 4k files, plug it directly into a MacBook Pro, and see and edit them right there. The industry is going to change. You will be able to work with this whole new breed of moviemaking."

....A MACBOOK PRO???? HOLY F********************* !!!

4K FILES ????!!!!!