Why is white cheaper????

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    It's weird, I'm in UK and had the same thought.

I even got so far as to being in KRCS in Hull and I had my plan...

1) Buy 2.0Ghz C2D in white from KRCS - cheapest I found in UK (by only a few £'s but every £ counts, right?)

2) Buy 160Gb HDD from PC World - cheap and a 5400rpm performer

3) Buy 2Gb RAM from Cruicial

4) Sell 2 x 512Mb RAM and 80Gb HDD on eBay

That was my thrifty plan... I'm still not *quite* sure why I didn't stick to it... it was the commonsense and best value approach.... I type this now on my BlackBook...

I swear, the sodding thing seduced me in the shop, I know about the fingermarks and I'm obsessive about keeping it clean and watching the trackpad and key caps growing increasingly shiny with horror... but there was just something compelling about the black one when comparing the two side by side. MY partner was with me there in the store and she prefered the aesthetic of the white but... I dunno... some RDF kicked in and I *had* to have the black.

I'm still not entirely sure why my plan failed or whether I'm truly more satisfied with the black... I think it's the magic of marketing. I was moving from a 1.67Ghz PBG4 to the MacBook and it was all I could do not to plunk for the MBP when I actually came to the crunch...

Really odd, in most things in life I'm pretty objective, I don't understand my behaviour here.

So the short story is... get in the shop with your cash and decide based on your gut

Sorry for length etc.
  • Reply 22 of 26
    cubitcubit Posts: 846member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cubit View Post

That one I believe!

And I just bought another MPB for my wife to replace her trust G4 iMac 15" flatpanel. Well, I said, "replace," but who can ever give up that design-factor; it's floating screen is still the best damn piece of engineering in computer history.

TFC
  • Reply 23 of 26
    feartecfeartec Posts: 119member
    Black is more expensive because it has solar heat collection technology that actually extends the battery life, and the monitor's heat-to-radiance ratio 18:1. It's tantalizingnesses is second only to the white lesser solar consumer color. That is why my friend, obviously.
  • Reply 24 of 26
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Maybe it's because of the extra paint + work to put it on. Either way, I prefer the white one. As I stated last year, we'll see a black iMac this year. It'll be interesting to see what it's like with the new design.
  • Reply 25 of 26
    bevosbevos Posts: 59member
  • Reply 26 of 26
    feartecfeartec Posts: 119member
    I see no Apple logo, though. If there is no logo then there is no go go.