Battlestar Galactica: Myths, Truths, and Our "Real World" Galaxy

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 42
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iPoster View Post

I'm still waiting for the Grand Admiral Thrawn/Jedi Academy movie!!

Not obscure. I kinda dig what you're saying. Thrawn is badass.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splinemodel View Post

...Firefly was just a pile of rubbish, in my opinion -- barely a notch above Andromeda.

Ouch. That's harsh. Firefly was kinda cool. For me Andromeda and Farscape was just too cheese.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by iPoster View Post

I'd agree with you on BSG and Firefly's content, I was speaking in terms of SFX there. Personally I put both in my top 10 TV series, as TV shows. But yeah, not much science in the show itself. I haven't seen Andromeda yet. IIRC the first season or two of SeaQuest tried to include some science in each episode?....

SeaQuest DSV? Old skool, bro, old skool. ...Heh...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splinemodel View Post

You guys (Hiro, iPoster) both make good points. I'm a big fan of BSG regardless, since it's a very clever TV show. Over the past three months I've been pretty tied up remodling my condo and in moving across the country, so I really need to catch up with BSG. Netflix is a wonderful thing.

iTunes Store too ...Regardless, do catch up with BSG. Season 3 is a bit slower than 1 and 2, but they do start to deal with more "issues" and stuff. And it's pretty hot in the early and much later parts of the season. IMO.
  • Reply 42 of 42
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jpsilvashy View Post

I heard the gravity on that new planet is 1.5 times Earth's gravity. What are they gonna name it? I vote for Kobol.

"New Kobol"? Could be "Cylonia", depending how things play out.