Steve Jobs to kick-off WWDC 2007

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Louzer View Post

The only question developers want to know about the iPhone is the last one, is there an SDK. If not, don't waste their time (and money, they spend a lot to go to this thing) with focus on a product that has no bearing on them. This is why even product announcements at the thing are a complete waste. Its a developers conference, not a "Hey, check it out, we've got a new ipod!" conference.

Yeah you're right. If I spent $1300 to attend WWDC I'd certainly be more interested in seeing everything about Leopard that is cool demoed. If iPhone got any ink it better be word that a SDK is coming.
  • Reply 22 of 23
    crentistcrentist Posts: 204member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

Yeah you're right. If I spent $1300 to attend WWDC I'd certainly be more interested in seeing everything about Leopard that is cool demoed. If iPhone got any ink it better be word that a SDK is coming.

Don't forget, however, all of the special labs and hands on training with Apple developers that attendees get as part of their admission to WWDC. I would expect Jobs to use the keynote to discuss iPhone because that video will be watched by all the mdeia/apple fans, etc. The developers are going to get their fill of Leopard that week, make no mistake, but Jobs is definitely going to use the publicity of his keynote to push iPhone as well.

P.S. - Secret iPhone/Leopard iPhone feature prediction: integrated iWork. It has been predicted that Apple will bundle iLife and iWork with Leopard as has been discussed in other sections of these forums. iPhone has various parts of iLife (music, movies, photos) but what about iWork? This has probably been metioned elsewhere on the forums, but my guess is that iPhone will have pages/keynote/pdf viewer app.

Take that, Ballmer!
  • Reply 23 of 23
    crentistcrentist Posts: 204member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by angevil View Post

OMG I am so excited! This is actually only 6 weeks away! I hope I can be patient until October.

One question - How soon will we be able to buy Macs, lets say Macbooks with preinstalled Leopard? Can it happen in October, too?

To answer your question: You are covered on launch day. In the days leading up to the OS launch, Apple literally slips into every box in stock a DVD containing the OS to install (trust me, I have climbed ladders to do it). This happens in the retail stores, online store warehouse, and I would imagine 3rd party retailers will do the same.

For machines to come "preinstalled" with Leopard, all it takes is for Apple to sell through their stock of Leopard-filled machines to get new shipments out of Leopard-installed machines.

Keep in mind that that single FIRMWARE FREE version of the latest and greatest OS just slipped into the boxes always made me respect Apple for trusting its customers to use it properly.