Someone Knows Something...And He's Not Telling!

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Mike knows something about an upcoming Apple hardware announcement, possibly next week?... now I'm intrigued.

Quote:

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Why so few posts of late? New HD for Indies Announcements Forthcoming

Hey all -

so why so quiet this week with so much still to report from NAB?

Bwahahahahhaaaaaa....there be reasons, chile.

If I blog all day, I can't work on New Things.

Some hints:

1.) If you've been thinking about buying a Mac edit system, maybe holding off a few days could be a good idea.

2.) If you don't have a Google and PayPal account set up yet (for shame!), now might be a good time. And if they are both under the same email address, all the better.

3.) YES, I said announcements, plural.

Intrigued?

Good - then my work here is done.

Stay tuned over the next several days, by sometime next week some Good Things shall be revealed....

-mike

Comments

• Reply 1 of 26
    dazabritdazabrit Posts: 273member
    Mike is the man and i'm officially excited!!!

• Reply 2 of 26
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    I haven't a clue what this is or why Gmail and Paypal would factor in. I guess I'll just have to be patient.
  • Reply 3 of 26
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

I haven't a clue what this is or why Gmail and Paypal would factor in. I guess I'll just have to be patient.

I can't figure that angle either, but I'm on the edge of my seat!
  • Reply 4 of 26
    namachtagnamachtag Posts: 72member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Mike knows something about an upcoming Apple hardware announcement, possibly next week?... now I'm intrigued.

I have a MP 2.66 that still hasn't shipped from last week....... hmmmmmm.... cancel now?
  • Reply 5 of 26
    webmailwebmail Posts: 639member
    Has Mike ever posted anything before? Mike seems like a 12 year old. Also claiming he is working on stuff, automatically means if he is "correct" that he lost his job. Would a product designer who worked for years to get on projects throw it all away so he could tell teenagers 4 days early about a mac update? I doubt it... And if so, good luck to him at unemployment.

I have a pretty good line on Mac rumors, and get tips and stuff from Apple employees who I am friends with, even over lunch, or beer, they will only drop vague hints.

I haven't heard of updates or anything big coming out, but I haven't asked in a few weeks. Last I heard nothing till WWDC, and that was possible speed bumps in laptops.
  • Reply 6 of 26
    namachtagnamachtag Posts: 72member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by webmail View Post

Has Mike ever posted anything before? Mike seems like a 12 year old. Also claiming he is working on stuff, automatically means if he is "correct" that he lost his job. Would a product designer who worked for years to get on projects throw it all away so he could tell teenagers 4 days early about a mac update? I doubt it... And if so, good luck to him at unemployment.

I have a pretty good line on Mac rumors, and get tips and stuff from Apple employees who I am friends with, even over lunch, or beer, they will only drop vague hints.

I haven't heard of updates or anything big coming out, but I haven't asked in a few weeks. Last I heard nothing till WWDC, and that was possible speed bumps in laptops.

I assume since the 8 core's mobo didn't get an update that was all we were getting until Aug. New video cards are possible. I wouldn't hold off a purchase for those.

My MacPro order did get delayed today for some reason. That makes me curious as to what is up.
  • Reply 7 of 26
    rogue68rogue68 Posts: 98member
    Ah heck, I hope it is something edit-related and i hope it's something macbook-pro related too, but I ain't holding my breath.
  • Reply 8 of 26
    walter slocombewalter slocombe Posts: 1,568member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

Off the top of my head iPhone service charge payments thru paypal?

Sounds crazy, but IS thinking different. \
  • Reply 9 of 26
    pippinpippin Posts: 91member
    He's probably just selling his G5 in a few days.
  • Reply 10 of 26
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pippin View Post

He's probably just selling his G5 in a few days.

Yes, I suppose he might be excited about that...
  • Reply 11 of 26
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Santa Rosa is coming on the 9th, just 5 days from now. I don't know how that will affect edit systems unless somehow this guy is thinking that given the faster system buses etc, why not buy an iMac or such instead of a Mac Pro. Editing systems are more bandwidth than CPU intensive.

If they released a cube with desktop hard drives and a good GPU then I could see people looking towards the cheaper system for editing, otherwise no.

The Google comment might mean Google is about to take over Paypal or possibly ebay. From googling, it seems Google has tried to set up an alternative to Paypal (Google Wallet) but due to the popularity of Paypal, a buyout would make sense.

Suffice to say, the next couple of weeks will finally have at least some news we've been waiting months to hear and it just starts the ball rolling for more and more news as we move closer to WWDC.
  • Reply 12 of 26
    Paypal is owned by ebay so I dont think there is a buy out coming any time soon.
  • Reply 13 of 26
    jcgjcg Posts: 777member
    If he knows anything it could be that Apple is going to offer Indapendant video for sale on iTMS, which they may be requireing a HD file supplied. The PayPal tie in is that is how Apple willl pay the people who post their videos to iTMS for sale. Can't guess on the Google aspect. This may mean that Appel is going to offer HD content soon, or it could mean that they want the source file HD for when they re-encode it. Personally I am more interested in Apple TV/iTMS content related anouncements than other hardware right now.
  • Reply 14 of 26
    crentistcrentist Posts: 204member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Santa Rosa is coming on the 9th, just 5 days from now. I don't know how that will affect edit systems unless somehow this guy is thinking that given the faster system buses etc, why not buy an iMac or such instead of a Mac Pro. Editing systems are more bandwidth than CPU intensive.

I think by "editing system" and "several products" "Mike" may have been referring to a professional system like the Macbook Pro, released and revamped to handle the recently released CS3 and FC Studio apps.

I would think that the "several products" comment, taken in conjunction with Steve Jobs recent press release, would mean that both the MBPs and the Macbooks will be updated. What better way to grab the attention of the media and capitalize on the Greener Apple statement he just put out than quickly releasing LED portables (remember that large LEDs are a ways away because of cost, even Steve said so - so new LED iMac just yet).

If you recall, Steve did the same thing with his DRM letter. He put out a DRM letter to the public right before the deal with EMI went through to reaffirm the fact that he is the emerging king of media, and that the industry will do his bidding. Anyone else find that timing (and the timing of this Greener Apple letter) curious?
  • Reply 15 of 26
    iveive Posts: 23member
    My guess is a web 2.0 editor like Xcode and Interface builder.

For the front side and backside of the web.

Ruby and friends.
  • Reply 16 of 26
    crentistcrentist Posts: 204member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ive View Post

My guess is a web 2.0 editor like Xcode and Interface builder.

For the front side and backside of the web.

Ruby and friends.

I don't doubt that these (software) products would/will be released by Apple in the near future, but remember that this particular rumor hints at upgraded hardware offerings.
  • Reply 17 of 26
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by crentist View Post

I don't doubt that these (software) products would/will be released by Apple in the near future, but remember that this particular rumor hints at upgraded hardware offerings.

And Mike focuses on Video stuff not web development.
  • Reply 18 of 26
    carlito2carlito2 Posts: 43member

HTML Code:
    If he knows anything it could be that Apple is going to offer Indapendant video for sale on iTMS, which they may be requireing a HD file supplied. The PayPal tie in is that is how Apple willl pay the people who post their videos to iTMS for sale. Can't guess on the Google aspect. This may mean that Appel is going to offer HD content soon, or it could mean that they want the source file HD for when they re-encode it. Personally I am more interested in Apple TV/iTMS content related anouncements than other hardware right now.
    don't forget google now owns you tube .....don't they ????

so it could be some kind of payment everytime somebody watches it and it has be be edited in final cut, i movie
  • Reply 19 of 26
    funderlingfunderling Posts: 16member
    Well, it's finally SR week. Here's hoping for a new MBPro this week. I've gone through a number of mental twists over the last few weeks (had my finger hovering over "order now" for a blackbook from Amazon several times) and settled on waiting to see what develops on th MBP front. Something's gotta be coming between now & WWDC, I'm jut hoping for sooner than later. I would love to wake up to a "we'll be back soon" yellow sticky note on the Apple store page Wednesday AM...
  • Reply 20 of 26
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Am I the only one that read this as a HD for Indies announcement and not about some new Apple gear?

I'm leaning towards him getting into selling bundles (as mentioned in the comments). It would make the most sense and probably be pretty lucrative for him given his traffic.