The 60 million dollar... pants?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    regreg Posts: 832member
    They can not refuse to service anyone - could be a law suit if they did. When Pearson went with the class action law suit, he made this an all or nothing deal. Maybe he should have thought this out better. I have been taking suits to the cleaners for about 30 years and have only had 2 problems. Both times they had me go out and replace the item and bring in the receipt for the refund. As a society we also seem to be a go for the gold/kill. Few are willing to compromise or settle for what is fair. It doesn't make for a good place to live.

On the radio yesterday they said that the city's chief administrative law judge was not going to recommend Pearson for the judgeship position. As for the cost of the lawyers, for the cleaners it is over $100,000. Pearson represented himself. They have gotten about $34,000 from contributions. The lawyers are the ones that are going to go after Pearson for their cost. Pearson must not play chess because he was not thinking about what could happen in the future. Or maybe that was how he was brought up?
  • Reply 22 of 23
    bergermeisterbergermeister Posts: 6,784member
    Of course they can't refuse service, but I would not have announced it the way they did.

I hope they file a counter suit and sue the pants of the guy for trying to destroy their lives, which is what he was trying to do. He is a lawyer? A judge? More, this case was allowed to get to this point in the first place? If so, then the US has a major problem.