People and Things I Hate

13

Comments

  • Reply 41 of 71
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Ohh. This could be fun!



    And btw, SDW2001 is not a hater. There is a difference between hate and irritation.



    I'm to tired to make a list.



    So out of curiosity, SDW:



    1- what grade(s) do you teacher?

    2- big school or small school?

    3- are you a cool teacher or a boring-stick-up-the-ass-teacher?
  • Reply 42 of 71
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 17,738member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icfireball View Post


    Ohh. This could be fun!



    And btw, SDW2001 is not a hater. There is a difference between hate and irritation.



    I'm to tired to make a list.



    So out of curiosity, SDW:



    1- what grade(s) do you teacher?

    2- big school or small school?

    3- are you a cool teacher or a boring-stick-up-the-ass-teacher?



    1. Elem. Music. In the summer HS band. I've done all levels during my career.



    2. Medium small sized district...3,500 students....350 in my school.



    3. Well, everyone thinks they are cool No really, I'm a crazy maniac music teacher. I am a total ham with the kids and I really try to involve them and build rapport. Tough to describe...but from the feedback there is no question in my mind that I'm not the boring stick-up-the-ass kind.
  • Reply 43 of 71
    A big list indeed ! Don't you feel with so much of `hated' things in life, it would be quite difficult to live in this world ? Why not be a little more positive in appreciating better things available around us, so that, reminder of our lives is well spent ? This is not an advice but only a piece of observation with a sincere wish that our lives will be more colourful and purposeful ?



    Your well wisher online

    K.Nagesh
  • Reply 44 of 71
    maimezvousmaimezvous Posts: 802member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by knagesh60 View Post


    A big list indeed ! Don't you feel with so much of `hated' things in life, it would be quite difficult to live in this world ? Why not be a little more positive in appreciating better things available around us, so that, reminder of our lives is well spent ? This is not an advice but only a piece of observation with a sincere wish that our lives will be more colourful and purposeful ?



    Your well wisher online

    K.Nagesh



    Why don't you start a "Things We Love" thread?
  • Reply 45 of 71
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Things and People I Hate



    -TV

    -Cable

    -Satellite

    -Sub-par Broadband in the States

    -No WiMax yet

    -MS-DOS

    -Windows 3.1

    -Windows 98

    -Windows 2000

    -Windows XP

    -Windows Vista

    (look, every version of Windows I ever touched)

    -Desktop Computers (especially Towers) (Workstations and AIOs Excepted)

    -Steve Ballmer

    -The entire business model behind Video Game Consoles

    -Companies that don't respect Open Standards

    -Internet Explorer

    -Video game journalism

    -Not being able to drop Hotmail and Messenger because a good chunk of my contacts are still there and refuse to migrate to AIM or Jabber

    -Forums

    -Daniel Eran taking too long to post new articles on RoughlyDrafted

    -DivX

    -MPEG-1 Layer 3

    -Intel GMA 950

    -Web 2.0

    -Web 3.0

    -Myspace

    -Rap

    -People who message me in iLike for no reason

    -Useless F7 keys

    -Second Shift, Enter, and Command buttons (I only need one of each)

    -Being Sick for a week

    -Cluttered Desktops

    -That one Age Biased Linux idiot who IMed me in AIM for absolutely no reason at all, triggering an argument, and then running away the minute I pulled out evidence that Mac OS X is built on the XNU hybrid kernel

    -Beta Testing AIM Pages more than a year ago, hating it, dropping it, and random people IMing me at odd times because of it

    -General Public License

    -Buying Cookies and forgetting the Milk

    -Skype

    -Getting 3 hours of sleep

    -Accidently Alt Clicking instead of Command Clicking

    -Virtual Reality Games

    -People who reply to email at the top instead of the bottom

    -Politics

    -Apple not keeping their hardware as competitive as they could

    -Delayed Leopard (I understand the reasons... and completely agree... I still don't like it)

    -Cell Phones

    -Failing at coming up with any Blog ideas and giving up blogging altogether

    -People who ask me what nationality I am, I'm human and don't care if I'm American or Antarctic

    -Ads

    -All Religions

    -Hate Lists... they're too depressing.



    Sebastian
  • Reply 46 of 71
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by maimezvous View Post


    Why don't you start a "Things We Love" thread?





    Go do that - this thread is for stuff we hate.



    - People who block the whole supermarket isle with a combination of corpulent bulk and cart.



    - Time warner DVR box (not as good as Tivo, I would be embarrassed if I worked for Scientifica Atlantica, the device just sucks beyond belief).



    - People who don't pay enough attention to notice that the light changed, or who don't know that you can turn right on a red light.



    - BO



    - Windows XP, which tortures me at work



    - The "make fun of retards" section of American Idol



    - American cars



    - Politicians, particularly John Edwards



    - Religion



    - NASA



    - Oppression of white people in Hawaii (evidently gangs of natives go around looking for white people to beat, and white kids get beaten in school).



    - Air pollution



    - Cancellation of every good Fox show - I am sure that New Amsterdam will get canceled after a couple shows just like Drive did.



    - Fox news, and the entire Republican party



    - Vegetables



    - Lower class culture (non-tasteful car modification, underwear showing, loud auto music, etc)



    - smokers
  • Reply 47 of 71
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 17,738member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by knagesh60 View Post


    A big list indeed ! Don't you feel with so much of `hated' things in life, it would be quite difficult to live in this world ? Why not be a little more positive in appreciating better things available around us, so that, reminder of our lives is well spent ? This is not an advice but only a piece of observation with a sincere wish that our lives will be more colourful and purposeful ?



    Your well wisher online

    K.Nagesh



    +1 item
  • Reply 48 of 71
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 17,738member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slewis View Post


    Things and People I Hate



    -TV

    -Cable

    -Satellite

    -Sub-par Broadband in the States

    -No WiMax yet

    -MS-DOS

    -Windows 3.1

    -Windows 98

    -Windows 2000

    -Windows XP

    -Windows Vista

    (look, every version of Windows I ever touched)

    -Desktop Computers (especially Towers) (Workstations and AIOs Excepted)

    -Steve Ballmer

    -The entire business model behind Video Game Consoles

    -Companies that don't respect Open Standards

    -Internet Explorer

    -Video game journalism

    -Not being able to drop Hotmail and Messenger because a good chunk of my contacts are still there and refuse to migrate to AIM or Jabber

    -Forums

    -Daniel Eran taking too long to post new articles on RoughlyDrafted

    -DivX

    -MPEG-1 Layer 3

    -Intel GMA 950

    -Web 2.0

    -Web 3.0

    -Myspace

    -Rap

    -People who message me in iLike for no reason

    -Useless F7 keys

    -Second Shift, Enter, and Command buttons (I only need one of each)

    -Being Sick for a week

    -Cluttered Desktops

    -That one Age Biased Linux idiot who IMed me in AIM for absolutely no reason at all, triggering an argument, and then running away the minute I pulled out evidence that Mac OS X is built on the XNU hybrid kernel

    -Beta Testing AIM Pages more than a year ago, hating it, dropping it, and random people IMing me at odd times because of it

    -General Public License

    -Buying Cookies and forgetting the Milk

    -Skype

    -Getting 3 hours of sleep

    -Accidently Alt Clicking instead of Command Clicking

    -Virtual Reality Games

    -People who reply to email at the top instead of the bottom

    -Politics

    -Apple not keeping their hardware as competitive as they could

    -Delayed Leopard (I understand the reasons... and completely agree... I still don't like it)

    -Cell Phones

    -Failing at coming up with any Blog ideas and giving up blogging altogether

    -People who ask me what nationality I am, I'm human and don't care if I'm American or Antarctic

    -Ads

    -All Religions

    -Hate Lists... they're too depressing.



    Sebastian



    Quote:

    People who reply to email at the top instead of the bottom



    I hate when people reply at the BOTTOM!
  • Reply 49 of 71
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post


    Yes, but it makes one powerful. Plus, shooting lightning bolts out of my hands? That is AWESOME.







    You realize he was really ugly, gross, the galaxy sucked under his rule and his right hand man totally killed him, right?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post


    They use it when a landline is right there



    Landline? What's that? You mean like with dots and dashes and the little lever?
  • Reply 50 of 71
    cubs23cubs23 Posts: 324member
    @-"That commerical for the Little Giant ladder where that enormously fatass guy stands on the ladder and notes its stability, since he's "kind of a big guy."-"



    sooo funny, except I really want that ladder system; I used to watch the infomercial all the time just for fun when I was up late at night; in fact informercials when I can't sleep help put me to sleep (unless I get really sucked in, haha).
  • Reply 51 of 71
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 17,738member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cubs23 View Post


    @-"That commerical for the Little Giant ladder where that enormously fatass guy stands on the ladder and notes its stability, since he's "kind of a big guy."-"



    sooo funny, except I really want that ladder system; I used to watch the infomercial all the time just for fun when I was up late at night; in fact informercials when I can't sleep help put me to sleep (unless I get really sucked in, haha).



    Oh, I agree. Nice ladder...super expensive though. But that guy. I just feel bad for him. I mean, you've seen him. He's got to be 350 lbs.
  • Reply 52 of 71
    iposteriposter Posts: 1,560member
    I hate people who hate people who hate threads like this one!







    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cubs23 View Post


    @-"That commerical for the Little Giant ladder where that enormously fatass guy stands on the ladder and notes its stability, since he's "kind of a big guy."-"



    sooo funny, except I really want that ladder system; I used to watch the infomercial all the time just for fun when I was up late at night; in fact informercials when I can't sleep help put me to sleep (unless I get really sucked in, haha).



    Yeah, infomercials are the bane of the 21st century! That LG ladder is kick a** though, the inspector who did our home inspection had one and it was rather nifty all the positions it could do.
  • Reply 53 of 71
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Null.
  • Reply 54 of 71
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,664member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cubs23 View Post


    @-"That commerical for the Little Giant ladder where that enormously fatass guy stands on the ladder and notes its stability, since he's "kind of a big guy."-"



    sooo funny, except I really want that ladder system; I used to watch the infomercial all the time just for fun when I was up late at night; in fact informercials when I can't sleep help put me to sleep (unless I get really sucked in, haha).



    Infomercials are a great American art form. If you come in late, a lot of the time you can't tell if their pitching some kind of acne cream, an investment opportunity, or a live changing series of instructional videos.



    (Close up of "average person" talking head)



    "Before I used the product/system, I was 100 pounds overweight living in a refrigerator carton under the freeway. Then I saw a commercial on TV. I figured, 'what have I got to lose?' I tell you, making that call was the smartest thing I've ever done."



    Work out regimen? Tony Robbins? Miracle Mop?
  • Reply 55 of 71
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 17,738member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slewis View Post






    EVIL TOP POSTER!!!







    Sebastian



    Oh wait...I thought we were talking e-mail. On the boards I like bottom posters far better. For e-mail the reply should be on top.
  • Reply 56 of 71
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 17,738member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iPoster View Post


    I hate people who hate people who hate threads like this one!











    Yeah, infomercials are the bane of the 21st century! That LG ladder is kick a** though, the inspector who did our home inspection had one and it was rather nifty all the positions it could do.





    Billy Mays here! Seriously...that guy apparently makes his living on this shit. Who the fuck is Billy Mays anyway? He's always trying to sell me KABOOM and ORANGE GLO and knives and sharpeners.
  • Reply 57 of 71
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by giant View Post


    You realize he was really ugly, gross, the galaxy sucked under his rule and his right hand man totally killed him, right?



    The Emperor was the good guy in the story, the Rebels were a bunch of evil aristocrats:



    http://www.weeklystandard.com/Conten...1/248ipzbt.asp
  • Reply 58 of 71
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Null.
  • Reply 59 of 71
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slewis View Post


    Bleh I hate replies on the top.



    Sebastian



    In emails the quoted information should be at the bottom and the reply at the top. Who wants to sift through stuff you've already read just to get the the new stuff (nobody). In a forum, it's far better to have the quoted information at the top to remind people what the reply is referring to due to the chaotic nature of a thread.
  • Reply 60 of 71
    ronaldoronaldo Posts: 439member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post


    Oh, a new addition:



    --People who are CONSTANTLY on their cell phones. Not just "a lot" or "a whole bunch." Constantly. They walk with it. They use it when a landline is right there...then complain about the signal.



    The other day I saw a woman riding a horse talking on a cell phone.
Sign In or Register to comment.