Just bought my New MacBook!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Went to my local Apple Store and purchased my new MacBook w/ superdrive. This baby really flies...I am still learning the OS, but I am impressed with how smooth the OS is.

I do have 1 question.

Using safari i go to another forum and i type my post in the message box and hit "submit" yet nothing happen, no matter how many times I hit "submit"

Also when I downloaded firefox, i have the firefox 2.9.9.4.dmg file and every time after i reboot when i load up mozzila it prompts me to a screen that shows the firefox logo with an arrow to a smaller firefox logo and another arrow to a file folder.

How can I get firefox to load up after i reboot and not have to go through those steps?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 32
    never mind i figured it out for firefox, but safari is still a problem
  • Reply 2 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by austintx05 View Post

Went to my local Apple Store and purchased my new MacBook w/ superdrive. This baby really flies...I am still learning the OS, but I am impressed with how smooth the OS is.

I do have 1 question.

Using safari i go to another forum and i type my post in the message box and hit "submit" yet nothing happen, no matter how many times I hit "submit"

Also when I downloaded firefox, i have the firefox 2.9.9.4.dmg file and every time after i reboot when i load up mozzila it prompts me to a screen that shows the firefox logo with an arrow to a smaller firefox logo and another arrow to a file folder.

How can I get firefox to load up after i reboot and not have to go through those steps?

First try the same thing using FireFox...what happens. Also, post the forum link here so others can try it. Might just be the way their site is coded.
  • Reply 3 of 32
    http://www.covers.com/postingforum/p...=22&sub=701940

I can post with firefox, but not with safari.
  • Reply 4 of 32
    anyone?
  • Reply 5 of 32
    Quote:

anyone?

Dont use Safari. Use Firefox. Safari isn't perfect. I have to use Firefox for a lot of stuff.
  • Reply 6 of 32
    So you don't use Safari much? Any other reasons why you do not like Safari?

Thx
  • Reply 7 of 32
    rich-mysterrich-myster Posts: 771member
    Quote:

So you don't use Safari much? Any other reasons why you do not like Safari?

Thx

safari isn't the best browser because a lot of sites don't recognise the brower, so the browser doesn't work well with the site. just use firefox. i use it for pc and it kills i.e.
  • Reply 8 of 32
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Give Camino a look Austintx05. Most find it faster than firefox (both are part of mozilla) and has the mac feel to it. It totally blows safari away IMO. Get version 1.5 which just came out.
  • Reply 9 of 32
    I will check it out...thx
  • Reply 10 of 32
    Camino seems nice, but I do have one question.

After the download, you drag the Camino icon to the application folder, then drag the icon to the dock and then you drag the other camino icon to eject.

After I reboot, this window comes up every time I first try to open. Is it supposed to do that every time after I boot up?
  • Reply 11 of 32
    Quote:

Camino seems nice, but I do have one question.

After the download, you drag the Camino icon to the application folder, then drag the icon to the dock and then you drag the other camino icon to eject.

After I reboot, this window comes up every time I first try to open. Is it supposed to do that every time after I boot up?

What window comes up? I don't have camino on my dock. Still in my app folder. Maybe I'll move it to the dock to see what happens.
  • Reply 12 of 32
    OK. Lets see if I can explain what I am seeing.

When I download Camino, there is a small window that pops up. It has the Camino Icon and shows that you drag the icon to the App folder, drag it to the dock. Then you close the window and Camino works fine.

Now when I reboot my computer, and I click on the Camino icon on my dock, that wondow loads up. The one where it shows to drah the icon to the App folder. It loads the Camino disk icon under the Mac HD icon.

Camino works fine, I was just wondering if there was a way for that winow to not open up at the reboot.
  • Reply 13 of 32
    Doesn't seem to happen to me. Can't help you. BTW what do you think of camino?
  • Reply 14 of 32
    Love it
  • Reply 15 of 32
    Very quick, allows me to layout all of my bookmarks.

Thanks for telling me about it
  • Reply 16 of 32
    so what do oyu do with the dmg file? empty it in the trash?
  • Reply 17 of 32
    audiopollutionaudiopollution Posts: 3,226member
    Quote:

so what do oyu do with the dmg file? empty it in the trash?

1. You drag the application from the image, to the Applications folder.

2. You trash the .dmg

3. You drag the application from the Applications folder to the dock.

I suspect that you dragged the application from the .dmg file to the dock, which will attempt to open the application from the .dmg file each time you click on the dock.

Drag the icon off the dock, and drag it back on from the Applications folder.
  • Reply 18 of 32
    ok after that, are you supposed to eject the Camino disk icon?
  • Reply 19 of 32
    audiopollutionaudiopollution Posts: 3,226member
    Quote:

ok after that, are you supposed to eject the Camino disk icon?

Yes. And trash the .dmg file.
  • Reply 20 of 32
    now when you say trash, you don't empty the trash. just put it in te trash, correct?