Mid-market consumers, women will "trade up" to luxury of iPhone - report

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    louzerlouzer Posts: 1,054member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kerryb View Post

"we believe the greatest surprise around iPhone is that women may surpass gadget geeks as the largest customer"

Are you kidding me, I think woman must make up the largest segment of all cellphones. Just take a look on the streets, those things never get turned off.

Women may use the cell phone alot, but I don't see many women with blackberrys, treos, or other smartphones. It may be trendy, but if all you're going to do is call, its really a waste of money.
  • Reply 22 of 28
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,443moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

? New iMac designs

? 10?11" MacBook Pro

Happy?

Show me pictures.

Is it just me or is that girl not all that attractive? Sure she's quite attractive but she's been out in the sun too long.
  • Reply 23 of 28
    bavlondon2bavlondon2 Posts: 694member
    Can we please stay on topic.
  • Reply 24 of 28
    louzerlouzer Posts: 1,054member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bavlondon2 View Post

Can we please stay on topic.

Doesn't the term mid-market consumer mean they're in the middle of the market? Doesn't that, by definition, preclude them from buying a top-market device? Because, technically, they won't be mid-market anymore.

OK, kind of on-topic. Did you see the poll on this article's main page? I think, to be fair, there should be an option to say "not planning on buying one". (Or maybe three options, "Not planning to buy one at apple store" and "not planning on buying one at AT&T store" and "not planning on buying one on-line").

Oh, and I realized yesterday that you apparently can forget about using AT&T's pay-as-you-go plan, since the ads say you need a two year contract. Probably already mentioned, but I just thought I'd try to stay on-topic.

BTW, did you get a look at that woman. I wouldn't mind 'staying on-topic' with her, if you know what I mean......
  • Reply 25 of 28
    carniphagecarniphage Posts: 1,984member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Louzer View Post

Women may use the cell phone alot, but I don't see many women with blackberrys, treos, or other smartphones. It may be trendy, but if all you're going to do is call, its really a waste of money.

Have you ever noticed that watches only tell time, and yet they cost a ton of money?

Of course you can buy watches with extra fancy features. Stopwatch features... Altimiter....Calculator. And yet, the more features watches have, the less valuable they are. Insane! It breaks the first law of geek econo-dynamics.

People are saying the iPhone is expensive. But $600 is like a cheap watch. A Seiko or something. And watches spend half their time stuck up your sleeve. Who can see them up there? You spend $3000 on a freaking Omega and no-one even knows you have it.

What we need is something that shows we are cool and loaded and we get to wave it around a lot.

C,
  • Reply 26 of 28
    abster2coreabster2core Posts: 2,501member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacsRGood4U View Post

Here she is!

[edited for compliance]

Thanks a hell of a lot.

First time in five years that my wife walks into my studio and sees my wall mounted screen flash this picture. (Have set this Mac to Reload (open) Pages (Safari) every minute)

Her comments are unrepeatable, with the exception of , "You idiot."
    edited April 2016
  • Reply 27 of 28
    physguyphysguy Posts: 920member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Snore, zzz, huh, what was that?

Oh just another iphone thread stating the obvious that women will trade in their phones for the latest trend. Not mentioning they will probably trade their iphones some time afterwards for the next trend that comes along while Apple stick with the same design for a few years.

I assume your referring to the fiasco that has been iPod where Apple sat on the same design and everyone moved to other solutions.?????
  • Reply 28 of 28
    wilcowilco Posts: 985member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I would but your mother already wore me out. \

I highly doubt it. My mother looks nothing like an iPhone.