Apple retail preps for iPhone, 17-inch PBG4 defect, EU deadline

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    wilcowilco Posts: 985member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Cool. One thing I've always hated is the long wait in cell phone stores.

You could always masturbate to pass the time?
  • Reply 22 of 24
    shaun, ukshaun, uk Posts: 1,050member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JohnnyKrz View Post

Things like this 17" PB problem really get me pissed at Apple sometimes. I understand that they don't want to have to replace the screens, but to delete entrie threads to keep it under the rug is unethical. Even though I don't have a 17" PB, I have to give Apple a big F@#$ YOU for this one.

I agree. It would hardly fill you with confidence if you were about to shell out 2 grand on a new MBP if you read this story. Surely someone at Apple must realise that trying to hide/deny these problems time and time again only makes the situation worse in the end.
  • Reply 23 of 24
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ebrunn View Post

Only when you have bad credit

Well, or no credit, which is what I have. none. :-/ im young.
  • Reply 24 of 24
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shaun, UK View Post

I agree. It would hardly fill you with confidence if you were about to shell out 2 grand on a new MBP if you read this story. Surely someone at Apple must realise that trying to hide/deny these problems time and time again only makes the situation worse in the end.

Most 17" PB/MBP cost almost 3 grand. Its insane that they wont correct this when its clearly a flaw in the hardware. I dont even care if they wont replace mine since i screwed up but the people who take perfect care of their notebooks and never take them off their desk and the thing breaks after less than 2 years its just sad. The only reason that I shelled out all this money for mine was because Apple had such a good reputation for long lasting hardware and customer service.

Especially since Dell already stepped up the the plate and issued a full recall. I pay the Apple premium and get treated worse than the people who bought the cheep dell.