First photos from Apple's WWDC emphasize Leopard focus

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Workers on the site of Apple's upcoming Worldwide Developers Conference are applying super-sized decals to convention center windows and hoisting banners through the conference halls. So far, there are no surprises -- the focus appears to be strictly Leopard.

Our friends over at RoughlyDrafted captured some of the first shots from within the Moscone West convention center on Wednesday. The four photo set, mirrored below, reveals a handful of trademark Apple banners. Each one serves the same purpose -- to let developers know they've arrived in the bay area for an earful on the company's software strategy.

"Welcome to WWDC07. Expand your universe," reads one of the banners, set to a backdrop of Mac OS X icons in a galaxy setting. "Mac OS X Leopard. Rocket fuel for your apps," reads another.

Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference will kick off with Jobs' keynote address beginning at 10:00 a.m. on Monday, June 11, 2007 at San Francisco?s Moscone West convention center.

Source: RoughlyDrafted

Comments

• Reply 1 of 84
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Null.
  • Reply 2 of 84
    Rocket fuel? Universe? The Time Machine interface?

What's with the weird outer space theme?
  • Reply 3 of 84
    Null.
  • Reply 4 of 84
    feynmanfeynman Posts: 1,087member
    Any covered banners?
  • Reply 5 of 84
    kmfkmf Posts: 1member
    In the 3rd picture .... the icon that's at 11:20 (Analog) from the Time Machine icon. What is it?

Is it the New XCode Logo ?

Karl
  • Reply 6 of 84
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Our friends over at RoughlyDrafted captured some of the first shots from within the Moscone West convention center on Wednesday.

From within?

This pictures are taken from the sidewalk OUTSIDE!
  • Reply 7 of 84
    Null.
  • Reply 8 of 84
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kmf View Post

In the 3rd picture .... the icon that's at 11:20 (Analog) from the Time Machine icon. What is it?

Is it the New XCode Logo ?

Karl

the Purple one is core animation...

check the apple site http://www.apple.com/macosx/leopard/coreanimation.html
  • Reply 9 of 84
    buckbuck Posts: 293member
    Oh my god, at first I thought they actually had roughlydrafted banners at WWDC. The second thought was - "why not AppleInsider banner?!"
  • Reply 10 of 84
    abster2coreabster2core Posts: 2,501member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by View Post

Rocket fuel? Universe? The Time Machine interface?

What's with the weird outer space theme?

TimeMachine. Remember Job's keynote on Leopard? Or check out: http://www.apple.com/macosx/leopard/timemachine.html
  • Reply 11 of 84
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Feynman View Post

Any covered banners?

thats what i want to know too
  • Reply 12 of 84
    crentistcrentist Posts: 204member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slewis View Post

It's all about Space... and by space I mean HDDs ZFS. Oh and you can't forget about the Sun!

Sebastian

I love it. Very clever.
  • Reply 13 of 84
    Null.
  • Reply 14 of 84
    crentistcrentist Posts: 204member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slewis View Post

Sebastian

The puns, that is.
  • Reply 15 of 84
    19841984 Posts: 955member
    I don't know about this whole leopards in space theme. Sounds like a b-movie from the 1950's.
  • Reply 16 of 84
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 1984 View Post

I don't know about this whole leopards in space theme. Sounds like a b-movie from the 1950's.

Can a cat survive in space?
  • Reply 17 of 84
    system6system6 Posts: 21member
    An image of the Sun is central in all those banners... I can't help but feel there's some connection with Solaris, more than just ZFS.
  • Reply 18 of 84
    Apple removed the desktop and discovered the universe behind it. Agoraphobics beware.
  • Reply 19 of 84
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

First photos from Apple's WWDC emphasize Leopard focus

What else could they emphasize?

The Steve did his miracle again: just a few days before the conference and still no leaks, no real info. Great work. Perhaps during the last night someone will open his lips, just for the honor of arms.
  • Reply 20 of 84
    vineavinea Posts: 5,585member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by system6 View Post

An image of the Sun is central in all those banners... I can't help but feel there's some connection with Solaris, more than just ZFS.

Wouldn't that be nice? Solaris has always been a leader in multi-threaded and multi-processor (now I guess multi-core). Moving to Solaris kernel with OSX desktop would be really nice...now that McNealy is out of the picture (thank goodness) close cooperation between the two companies is possible.

Vinea