Who is actually doing the live coverage for AI? They are halarious!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I don't know if anyone has checked out the live coverage feed yet but whoever is doing the coverage is freeking halarious. This is the kind of coverage I want to read about during the keynote. Hopefully, the days of the serious one line comment about steve walking across stage are over and this person puts some life in to it.
«13

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 41
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 30,837member
    I agree... he's cracking me up with his pre-show chatter.
  • Reply 2 of 41
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    I was thinking the same. Nice coverage so far.
  • Reply 3 of 41
    scottibscottib Posts: 381member
    I believe it's Daniel Eran of Roughly Drafted.
  • Reply 4 of 41
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,742member
    iPhonealley.com is doing a live audio stream for those interested
  • Reply 5 of 41
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 30,837member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tulkas View Post


    iPhonealley.com is doing a live audio stream for those interested



    Looks like their server crashed.
  • Reply 6 of 41
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,742member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post


    Looks like their server crashed.



    I am still listening...probably not accepting any new conections. My Wifi had better not drop since getting a new connection to the site probably won't happen
  • Reply 7 of 41
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,584member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post


    Looks like their server crashed.



    still going fine for me.
  • Reply 8 of 41
    deapeajaydeapeajay Posts: 909member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post


    Looks like their server crashed.



    Mine is working. They're just playing music though
  • Reply 9 of 41
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,584member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tulkas View Post


    iPhonealley.com is doing a live audio stream for those interested



    They have crashed for sure.
  • Reply 10 of 41
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,742member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aplnub View Post


    They have crashed for sure.



    My connection is still up and stream is coming in with very good quality. Someone's iAlert alarm went off and it was easily identifiable.



    I think the just are not accepting new connections. They did mention that they were going to limiting the number to prevent a crash.



    Although I do find it strange that there is no background chatter with the music...I would expect a lot of this.....
  • Reply 11 of 41
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 14,209moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aplnub View Post


    I don't know if anyone has checked out the live coverage feed yet but whoever is doing the coverage is freeking halarious. This is the kind of coverage I want to read about during the keynote. Hopefully, the days of the serious one line comment about steve walking across stage are over and this person puts some life in to it.



    Agreed, well done to that guy. We'll have to see how the rest goes but great start.



    When do they usually uncover the banners? The keynote is about to start. Surely not after people leave.



    I should add though, it's quite slow to update. MacOSRumors is continuous and way ahead:



    http://www.macrumorslive.com/
  • Reply 12 of 41
    iPhoneAlley's response to me:



    Service Temporarily Unavailable

    The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.





    On another note, did Apple's server go down? No updates for a while now... <_<
  • Reply 13 of 41
    keshkesh Posts: 621member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MusLtngBlue View Post


    iPhoneAlley's response to me:



    Service Temporarily Unavailable

    The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.





    On another note, did Apple's server go down? No updates for a while now... <_<



    The last message on the AI page was that Apple's wifi was nearing capacity, so... I guess they exceeded it. I'm following along on Ars Technica's irc server. Nothing big yet, intel guy talking about the transition.
  • Reply 14 of 41
    pookjppookjp Posts: 280member
    Neither MacNN nor AppleInsider's feeds have updated for me in the past 8 minutes (9:56). Ssup with that?
  • Reply 15 of 41
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,742member
    Sound quality is way down for the keynote itself. Barely make out the speech. EA founder is on stage now CC3 and Battlefield 2142 and other games will now be out for Mac
  • Reply 16 of 41
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,742member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PookJP View Post


    Neither MacNN nor AppleInsider's feeds have updated for me in the past 8 minutes (9:56). Ssup with that?



    try macrumors
  • Reply 17 of 41
    keshkesh Posts: 621member
    EA is going to start doing simultaneous Mac/PC releases. A few ports to start off with in July:



    Command and cConquer 3

    Battlefield 2142

    Need for Speed Carbon

    Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix



    Simultaneous release of Madden and Tiger Woods Golf in August
  • Reply 18 of 41
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 30,837member
    Yep. MacRumors and Engadget have the best coverage.
  • Reply 19 of 41
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,742member
    John Carmack is on stage.



    Been working on some stuff 'in secret'
  • Reply 20 of 41
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,584member
    macrumors is working and up to date
Sign In or Register to comment.