Safari 3 for Mac

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Safari 3 works pretty good with Google App's. Specifically managing our domain setup where I had to use Firefox before. It would seem no more... Safari all the way.
  • Reply 22 of 27
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    I'm just disappointed Safari dosn't have:

1) Easy way to selectivly clear P.I. like firefox does

2) Recently closed tabs (like firefox)

3) Yellow background for URL bar on https like firefox does (or does Safari public beta 3 have this?? I didn't find it in the Windows version and I'm not by my mac). This is a trivial features I know, and I can live without this one for sure, but I found the dinky little lock icon in Safari insufficient.

4) Favicons in the link bar. (or at least the OPTION to have the favicons appear)
  • Reply 23 of 27
    aryayusharyayush Posts: 191member
    I cannot believe they gave the new interface only to Windows users. This is cruel and inhuman punishment!
  • Reply 24 of 27
    9secondko9secondko Posts: 929member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by donebylee View Post

I have it running on my Windows system and am typing this in in Safari 3.0 as a matter of fact.

Nice interface and all, but...it is definitely a beta program. I have had lock-ups from time-to-time and have had to use Task Manager to force quit the program twice.

When it works, it does OK. It is not as fast on some websites as Firefox 2. And its RSS capabilities are a bit, well, weird. Try loading an RSS page and then scrolling in it using the arrow keys or Page Up and Down keys...doesn't work on my PC. And it instantly marks everything as read whether you read it or not.

Oh well, so it goes in beta-land.

Still, it's nice and simple and I hope it just gets better from here.

Now, if it could just remember to keep me signed in on AppleInsider...

While it is defintely beta on Windows, it is flawless on my Mac.
  • Reply 25 of 27
    aryayusharyayush Posts: 191member
    Same here.

Except for the fact that it keeps asking for confirmation when I post a quick reply or forums. This is getting particularly infuriating and there is no way to turn it off.
  • Reply 26 of 27
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aryayush View Post

I cannot believe they gave the new interface only to Windows users. This is cruel and inhuman punishment!

What "new interface"? The OS X and Windows versions are virtually identical, interface-wise. About the biggest difference is the menu/title bar.
  • Reply 27 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chucker View Post

What "new interface"? The OS X and Windows versions are virtually identical, interface-wise. About the biggest difference is the menu/title bar.

The brushed metal interface is gone from the windows version, replaced by the greys shown in the Leopard preview and Apple's site. Also, Apple's redesigned site works better in the PC version that on my Mac. It takes forever for the side-scrolling navigation to show up, and movies don't play above a greyed out page like on the PC, but instead launch a new window.