Any word on the 15" 7200rpm drive delay??

Comments

• Reply 21 of 41
    marshallmarshall Posts: 14member
    Oh, to be one of the lucky people who can pick up a machine at the Apple store. Three locations within 45-minutes, but none with machines to sell for over a week now.

And I'm pretty convinced that the employees are trained to act stupid; they could tell you a lot more than they actually will.
  • Reply 22 of 41
    Good news! I just checked the status of my order for my MBP with the 7200rpm drive, and instead of "Not Yet Shipped", it says, "Prepared for Sipment"! Looks like they've finally got 'em goin'!
  • Reply 23 of 41
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MusLtngBlue View Post

Good news! I just checked the status of my order for my MBP with the 7200rpm drive, and instead of "Not Yet Shipped", it says, "Prepared for Sipment"! Looks like they've finally got 'em goin'!

My order is listed at Jun 11 at 7:01am and mine is still "Not Yet Shipped" -- there's hope that things are starting to move...
  • Reply 24 of 41
    I ordered mine on the 13th, and the status is now "Prepared for Shipment."
  • Reply 25 of 41
    easyceasyc Posts: 69member
    I ordered mine the 18th and just got it today! Oh my goosh this is my first apple and yowzers! I have saved up for a while and yeah it is well worth it. I love my new machine, I took into my class tonight and all eyes were on me with the new MBP! Just one question, is there any way to check to see if I have the 7200rpm speed drive installed? I have a hunch that its in system performance but I cant find something that clearly states "The speed of your HD is..." So just wondering how can I check it and what am I looking for when I click on the HD?
  • Reply 26 of 41
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by EasyC View Post

I ordered mine the 18th and just got it today! Oh my goosh this is my first apple and yowzers! I have saved up for a while and yeah it is well worth it. I love my new machine, I took into my class tonight and all eyes were on me with the new MBP! Just one question, is there any way to check to see if I have the 7200rpm speed drive installed? I have a hunch that its in system performance but I cant find something that clearly states "The speed of your HD is..." So just wondering how can I check it and what am I looking for when I click on the HD?

Very nice I'm not sure off hand if there's a way to check the speed...

But that's funny... a machine ordered a whole week after ours was done first... and one ordered 11 hours after mdmendoz's was prepared first... is Apple going the wrong way on the waiting list?
  • Reply 27 of 41
    Just tried something, and it yields further good signs of the 7200 RPM machines rolling out...

Went to Apple.com and checked the extimated ship wait on the upgrade now, and it shows no change, it's the normal 5-7 days it's been at for a while. So hopefully this is a further nod that things are finally in motion
  • Reply 28 of 41
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jim Paradise View Post

I ordered mine on the 13th, and the status is now "Prepared for Shipment."

Well, my order has been back to "Not Yet Shipped" for the past few days.
  • Reply 29 of 41
    musltngbluemusltngblue Posts: 303member
    Quote:

Well, my order has been back to "Not Yet Shipped" for the past few days.

back to Not Yet Shipped? From 'prepared for shipment'? That happened to me too... I even called 1-800-MY-APPLE to see if they had any idea why that might happen, and the guy sounded like he's never heard of this happening, and didn't have anything to help. He even said, 'Even if they had special notes on this, I don't speak Chinese," trying to lighten the mood... but no, I'm still pretty pissed. What the hell's going on here???
  • Reply 30 of 41
    Quote:

back to Not Yet Shipped? From 'prepared for shipment'? That happened to me too... I even called 1-800-MY-APPLE to see if they had any idea why that might happen, and the guy sounded like he's never heard of this happening, and didn't have anything to help. He even said, 'Even if they had special notes on this, I don't speak Chinese," trying to lighten the mood... but no, I'm still pretty pissed. What the hell's going on here???

Since I got mine before you Ltng is there anything I can do on mine while your waiting ?
  • Reply 31 of 41
    musltngbluemusltngblue Posts: 303member
    Sure, if you wouldn't mind, hack into Apple's mainframe and see if you can't dig up an explanation for what's happened with the status, and the laptops themselves... if that can't work hack into the manufacturer's network and see if they have any notes on it. =P
  • Reply 32 of 41
    asfbergasfberg Posts: 3member
    i called apple and ordered one on sunday july 1. the very nice lady told me they were caught up with the 7200 drives and would ship next day. that didn't happen. status - not yet shipped, expected july 12 - 17.

oh well
  • Reply 33 of 41
    Well, after the tease of briefly being at "prepared to ship" for a few days, I'm still stuck at "not yet shipped" with the date still stuck at July 26th for shipping.
  • Reply 34 of 41
    japplejapple Posts: 91member
    I noticed techrestore is selling a 200gb 7200rpm macbookpro harddrive upgrade. Anyone know why apple isn't offering this drive as a BTO option?
  • Reply 35 of 41
    asfbergasfberg Posts: 3member
    7/14 and zero updates on my order status - still "ships 7/12 - 7/16".

it will still let me cancel so i'm not holding my breath for them keeping the 7/16 deadline.
  • Reply 36 of 41
    shipped out from china this am. seems they did it within the dates "promised". still, i'm glad they got it out.
  • Reply 37 of 41
    Quote:

Well, after the tease of briefly being at "prepared to ship" for a few days, I'm still stuck at "not yet shipped" with the date still stuck at July 26th for shipping.

The very same thing happened to me... that really irritated me, lemme tell ya... was like that for about 2 days then went back to not yet shipped, and has been there to this day, though my ships-by date is the 24th, but good to know that they're still rolling out... no matter how slow...
  • Reply 38 of 41
    To get a stock one and order a 200GB 7200 RPM drive from OWC and get the apple store or an apple authorized service provider to install it.

http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/memor...ook/Pro/Core2/
  • Reply 39 of 41
    Quote:

The very same thing happened to me... that really irritated me, lemme tell ya... was like that for about 2 days then went back to not yet shipped, and has been there to this day, though my ships-by date is the 24th, but good to know that they're still rolling out... no matter how slow...

Irritated is a good way to put it. My ship-by date is still stuck at the 26th with no signs of budging anytime soon.
  • Reply 40 of 41
    I still think its odd that I placed my order on June 18 and got mine the 29th with the 7200rpm hard drive. Well good for me I guess.