LED v LCD Screen

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by oscarroberto View Post

Yey! I got mine today:

2,4 ghz model, matte, 2 gig RAM, 160 gig 5400 HD Im so happy!

So far so good, no problems as noted above.

-anyone have any tips on the screen colour calibration?

I do notice the colours are rather pale, and i read i can change this via system prefs-displays-colours, but any tips on how to use the expert settings? what worked for you guys?

Congrats! Glad you're happy with it.

As for the expert display calibration, what I usually do is back up about 5-8 ft. from the display, and squint my eyes, then move the sliders until it just looks like one uniform block of color, not like an apple with stripes around it. You want it all to blend together.
  • Reply 42 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MusLtngBlue View Post

Congrats! Glad you're happy with it.

As for the expert display calibration, what I usually do is back up about 5-8 ft. from the display, and squint my eyes, then move the sliders until it just looks like one uniform block of color, not like an apple with stripes around it. You want it all to blend together.

Thank you!

Easier said than done though, especially the right calibration unit in all of the five steps, but i'll keep on playing with it.

I noticed that just calibrating (without expert mode turned on) and changing it to a different gamma setting (the other of the two options, for 'tv' en blegh 'pc' use) also works rather well, any experiences, or downfalls on this?

Oscar