Insanity: First iPhone line forms in Manhattan (four days early)

Comments

• Reply 41 of 67
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    What?
  • Reply 42 of 67
    mobiusmobius Posts: 380member

Begging for food and donations to survive a self-imposed 4 day wait in order to purchase a luxury item is disgustingly ironic and morally repugnant.
  • Reply 43 of 67
    spindriftspindrift Posts: 674member
    I think he's a Microsoft employee. Microsoft have employed him and his mate to site there all week making fools of themselves, get on international television and degrade the value of the iPhone. I don't see the lines forming in any real substance until Friday, so they'll sit there, on their own getting more and more smelly and dirty as each day passes.

No I don't really think that.
  • Reply 44 of 67
    jimdreamworxjimdreamworx Posts: 1,095member
    LIne up for an iPhone?

It's not like a new Star Wars movie or Rolling Stones concert tickets...
  • Reply 45 of 67
    maestro64maestro64 Posts: 5,043member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by k2director View Post

NEW THEORY!

I think he's actually being paid to wait in line for someone else.

* He's unemployed, so why not do it for the money?

* He didn't seem to really know much about the iPhone either... "I'll see how it works".

I bet that's it. Somebody put him up to this...

I think you on to something, it is probably more like this guy got a plan to sell his position in line to someone for metrocards and food, The seat will go to the highest bidder...

Hmmm just got an idea someone go to those two guys and tell them we will ebay thier positions in line, but we will have to set it up right now so it will close by noon on Friday.

Hurry someone strike a deal with them....

Oh... this is even more nuts there is 1300 iphone items on ebay right now and the product is not even available.
  • Reply 46 of 67
    mr omr o Posts: 1,046member
    I am disappointed that AI did not send his reporter to spearhead the iPhone line. We, AI readers, are expecting a full report in unwrapping the iPhone and disassembling it right in front of the genius bar at 18:02 local time

On a positive note, our lunatic is making friends already! By Friday, he will have about hundreds of friends with a common interest ?
  • Reply 47 of 67
    charkocharko Posts: 84member
    He's a plant.

He's being payed by Microsoft, and he's been instructed not to wash for four days, pee in his pants, and behave as obnoxiously as possible. The stink is going go put off anybody else from standing in line, and discredit the whole iPhone 'build up'.
  • Reply 48 of 67
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mobius View Post

Begging for food and donations to survive a self-imposed 4 day wait in order to purchase a luxury item is disgustingly ironic and morally repugnant.

Especially when the spare tire he's packing could easily feed him for four days.
  • Reply 49 of 67
    Someone set up blog site for this guy....

BLOG
  • Reply 50 of 67
    He even has a wikipedia site

wikipedia
  • Reply 51 of 67
    spindriftspindrift Posts: 674member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Maestro64 View Post

wikipedia

So there you have it, he's not a real Mac / iPhone fan, he's a professional first in the line celeb stalker! Still, he's going to get a lot of coverage for this one, perhaps even make some cash.
  • Reply 52 of 67
    charkocharko Posts: 84member
    Whoops! I meant 'paid' of course not 'payed' in my last post.
  • Reply 53 of 67
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

What?

Yes, I think so.
  • Reply 54 of 67
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
  • Reply 55 of 67
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by k2director View Post

Jeez, the guy looks homeless with the shabby clothes and handwritten sign. I hope this doesn't get aired again and again on network TV. It's a turn-off....

You sound like you are a really nice person. Must be a Christian.
  • Reply 56 of 67
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Maestro64 View Post

Good for him.
  • Reply 57 of 67
    I wonder if the other side of his sign has written on it "Will text for food."

• Reply 58 of 67
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by backtomac View Post

Separated at birth?

I am not sure why people encourge people like this... It is funny once but these people never get the joke and they just wear on you over time
  • Reply 59 of 67
    bryandbryand Posts: 78member
    He claims he's retired. From what job I wonder? I bet he still lives with his parents.
  • Reply 60 of 67
    k2directork2director Posts: 194member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cnocbui View Post

You sound like you are a really nice person. Must be a Christian.

Thanks!

But your sarcasm aside, he did look a bit homeless, especially with the handwritten sign asking for food and metrocards. And it *was* a turn-off, given that the media might make him the poster child for Apple fans who are willing to line up for an iPhone. Image does count for something! Too bad you can't reconcile those facts to your little moral universe.

P.S. Nice way to insult an entire religion, Mr. Holier Than Thou.