Existing phone numbers transferable to AT&T through iTunes

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 37
    cpt kcpt k Posts: 33member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CRHain88 View Post

Maybe not say anything, Apple has quietly updated hardware in the past without saying anything. Imagine the user who gets home and has a heart attack when the realize they have more storage capacity!

Also, it would bring those hesitant people to pony up and get a phone, after the initial rush.

Or Jobs gave him and his people GodPhones.

But yeah, it's a pretty big goof considering they zoomed up on it.

obviously an continuity error in the edit. The iPhone was dismounted (listen to VO) so what you are seeing is the HD capacity left over. It's confusing becuase you cant see the zoomed out picture which would show the local HD highlighted.
  • Reply 22 of 37
    feynmanfeynman Posts: 1,087member
    This is getting as crazy as Temporary Insanity. I hate to tell all of you but what is documented about the iPhone is what you will get. Nothing more and nothing less. This is what sets up disappoint, people start making their own speculation based on flubs or whatever and then the device comes out and it is just as Apple documented and then people go crying "Apple is teh DOOMED!"
  • Reply 23 of 37
    anyone know if the 5th Ave NYC line has gotten any longer?
  • Reply 24 of 37
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cpt K View Post

obviously an continuity error in the edit. The iPhone was dismounted (listen to VO) so what you are seeing is the HD capacity left over. It's confusing becuase you cant see the zoomed out picture which would show the local HD highlighted.

HA, they fixed it! Was just watching again.
  • Reply 25 of 37
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,404member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Louzer View Post

But shouldn't you people be concerned if it were true. If it is 80GB ......

Who's ".....you people?"

• Reply 26 of 37
    macinthe408macinthe408 Posts: 1,050member
    Quote:

Darn it, I was crossing my fingers that it wasn't an editing mistake. DAM DAM DAM!
  • Reply 27 of 37
    o2unixo2unix Posts: 2member
    $59.99 for the iPhone plan sound good to me I'm pay about $75.00 for a Blackberry Peral plan.
  • Reply 28 of 37
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Who's ".....you people?"

Everyone but him.
  • Reply 29 of 37
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    Quote:

Do you ever get the feeling you're being watched?
  • Reply 30 of 37
    titoctitoc Posts: 58member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by strangeways View Post

Is it possible to transfer a landline number to a mobile phone?

Yes. If you look at the opening screen at that point, there's a spot where it says "To transfer a home number, click here." That would be sweet. Since I am getting rid of my office landline, the iPhone is going to be my primary phone. It would be great if I could still keep my old landline number.

• Reply 31 of 37
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    What if you have a Verizon phone and want to keep the phone working. However, you want to move the existing phone number from Verizon to the new iPhone?

How does that stuff work?

Move the number then go to Verizon and tell them to give me a new one? That way I don't loose my original number doing the switch?
  • Reply 32 of 37
    bigjeffbigjeff Posts: 2member
    what about ringtones...how can you have an ipod phone and not be able to download any ringtones? doesnt make sense and seems like a huge oversight. anyone agree?

it doesnt even have to be via itunes, but what about direct to phone downloads like you can do with any other cingular/att device?

just seems odd to me...unless they just arent telling us yet...
  • Reply 33 of 37
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BigJeff View Post

what about ringtones...how can you have an ipod phone and not be able to download any ringtones? doesnt make sense and seems like a huge oversight. anyone agree?

it doesnt even have to be via itunes, but what about direct to phone downloads like you can do with any other cingular/att device?

If you don't know how to make your own ringtones, then you shouldn't have an iPhone.

CDs + Quicktime Player Pro = Free Ringtones.

I'm sure AT&T will have a way to download ringtones to the phone for a charge soon enough though, if they don't already.
  • Reply 34 of 37
    bigjeffbigjeff Posts: 2member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wojciechowski View Post

If you don't know how to make your own ringtones, then you shouldn't have an iPhone.

CDs + Quicktime Player Pro = Free Ringtones.

I'm sure AT&T will have a way to download ringtones to the phone for a charge soon enough though, if they don't already.

Thanks but that wasnt what i was asking... just because i can create them doesnt mean they can just magically get them onto your phone...

Cingular has a bunch of upload facilites (ringers, wallpaper, etc) for their other phones...i am just wondering if people think those will work with iphone
  • Reply 35 of 37
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:

The only thing I can find that says anything, is on the Guided Tour video.

He says that you can select fron a selection of "great" ringtones supplied.

That's all we know so far.
  • Reply 36 of 37
    Quote:

Thanks but that wasnt what i was asking... just because i can create them doesnt mean they can just magically get them onto your phone...

Cingular has a bunch of upload facilites (ringers, wallpaper, etc) for their other phones...i am just wondering if people think those will work with iphone

Doubt it... when I switched to my razr. I wasn't able to transfer any of the ringtones or games that I had bought on my other phone. The crap you buy usually is locked to where you can't transfer it.

Hence why I make my own. The iPhone screen is also bigger, so the backgrounds you bought on other phones would be stretched and look like shyte.

Making your own ringtones and pictures and transferring them to the phones on Cingular/AT&T is very easy with bluetooth. Apple & AT&T would be crazy if they make it difficult to customize your phone with your own audio, pictures, and video. Especially since that is one of the main complaints about verizon.
  • Reply 37 of 37
    I have been doing lots of research on this, and have gotten many different answers. I have an existing phone and want to switch it to an iPhone. I have been told that I will not be able to keep my corporate discount by a retail store manager that had a conference call this evening.

I also called up corporate sales line, and have been told by several people that I will be able to keep the service discount.

The store manager was very confident in his answer, being that he just got off the phone with from the conference call. The AT&T employees have no idea what to expect, they are going to get completely blown away when they realize how big of a deal the iPhone coming to their service is.

Does anybody know how the corporate discounts are going to work or if they are going to work?

Thanks.