Apple establishing iPhone, Leopard 'halos'; gains in small business

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 22
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Quote:

but for many IT guys, the idea of a monitor + cheap tower is just too entrenched.

There are many IT guys who need to be let go, too. They should install what they are told to install and keep their platform opinions to themselves.

Of course, we all know the real reason that IT guys recommend Windows - the constant babysitting and repairing that it needs is job security for them.
  • Reply 22 of 22
    kedakeda Posts: 722member
    I run a small business. Although we have always used Macs as our main platform, we recently got rid of our PC hardware. A Mac offers more value to us, because we can run a mix of operating systems on a single machine. This is great for firms like ours, because we are limited on physical office space.

Anecdotally, our accountant mentioned that he has had more Mac-based Quickbooks returns this year than ever before. Keep in mind, QB treats Mac users like an ugly stepchild, so if your on QB for Mac...its the Mac not QB that got you there.

Lastly, I have more meetings than I care to mention. In the past, I would run into the guy who was compelled to offer sarcastic comments when I took out me PowerBook. It has been a long time since that happened. Now, I am usually greeted with "ooooo, is that a Mac," followed by a series of questions. It definitely seems like the the willingness for business owners (that I meet) to consider Macs is increasing.

My hope is that this attention from consumers translates to sales....which will turn into better/more development of business apps.