Apple sets two iPhone limit; says stores will operate till midnight

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    I expect sales to proceed briskly as long as stock is available, since all you have to do is walk up to a store rep with his handheld point-of-sale device and pay for it, then walk out. Our local Apple store no longer even has registers on a counter where you queue up to purchase items.

I fully expect that the four hours the Apple Stores are closed is just moving stuff around to setup a counter stacked with iPhones, setting up a few demo units to entice window shoppers, then having the salespeople line up to handle the rush. There will also probably be ongoing demos throughout the evening for those who haven't gotten saturated with all the online info and need to confirm one final feature before making their decision. At no more than ten minutes per sale, say six per hour per sales rep, it should be easy to go through a hundred units in the six hours they'll be open Friday evening.

If there's any delay, it will be customers milling around playing with the setup demos to finally decide whether they're ready to make the plunge, oh and all the others there just to see up close the new device to participate in the opening night fun.
  • Reply 22 of 24
    leonardleonard Posts: 528member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Louzer View Post

I'm sorry, so you're saying the iPhone is pretty useless unless you sync it to a computer you may or may not have? What if someone wants one of these because, well, its cheaper then buying an actual computer?

Then we'd call you stupid, because you haven't read everything that Apple and everyone else has said about the iPhone. Do your research before buying it!
  • Reply 23 of 24
    louzerlouzer Posts: 1,054member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Leonard View Post

Then we'd call you stupid, because you haven't read everything that Apple and everyone else has said about the iPhone. Do your research before buying it!

Research? Who the hell does research? Everyone talking about 'buying one at 6pm' hasn't done research, for you've not even touched one yet to tell.

And what's so stupid about buying a phone without having a computer? Hasn't it been called a 'personal/portable computing device'? Why should one need a computer to have an iPhone?
  • Reply 24 of 24
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    I agree the hype has just been too powerful (rivaling the RDF) and iPhones should sell out quickly despite near universal criticism of at&t's underwhelming service.