MacBook Pro update; Philla mayor an iPhone 'waiter'; NYC line

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    WOW. These lines remind me of when the Zune and Vista were released.
  • Reply 22 of 27
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bageljoey View Post

Fine. I will never get why people get so upset when other people think different.

If waiting in line for an iPhone is wasted time for you, then DON'T DO IT. Some people enjoy the change, the drama, the excitement. Maybe for them it is not wasted time. Now, I'm not a tech toy line waiter and I understand there isn't really any reason to wait for this product, but if people get some charge out of this-- I think it is fine.

I waited in line 12 hours to see Star Wars Episode 1. The movie would be showing for months and I would see it again later with no wait, but looking back on it, the time spent in line was far and away the most memorable and enjoyable part of the whole movie. I met interesting people had stimulating conversation and overall thoroughly enjoyed it. My employees came to visit me in line and even my wife (girlfriend at the time) delivered pizza to the circus though she had no concept of why I was there.

Haha, yeah I wouldn't wait in line, but I could see how it might be fun.
  • Reply 23 of 27
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    I've never waited in such a long line for something and may never do so, but I think it'd be cool to do it once. I'm not even sure what product would get me that motivated. I do think it would be a unique and interesting experience, though.
  • Reply 24 of 27
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    They need to send Triumph to one of these iPhone lines.
  • Reply 25 of 27
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,953member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Louzer View Post

What, you mean you can't buy a wii anymore? Oh, its just that you really wanted a wii (xmas gift, I take it?).

Wiis are still hard to get. My Best Buy has a placard explaining what phone number to call to check where there are Wiis. Now the other systems are readily available, I bought out with a PS3 without trouble last week.
  • Reply 26 of 27
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,953member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cnocbui View Post

Not 'people' - men. I wonder how many women look at those lines of men lining up to buy their toys and just walk on by shaking their heads?

Women will get in line for other things, though my sister would have been in line for iPhone if she had the money.
  • Reply 27 of 27
    I saw on the local news how the mayor was in line, and some lady came up to him and was really angry. She said something to the effect of he shouldn't be wasting his time in line and taxpayers were not going to be happy, etc. THEN... she said that he was the mayor and shouldn't have to wait in line to get it. Because  cares SO much about who you are when you buy their product. They definitely would keep an iPhone aside for a MAYOR!