Problems activating iPhone... Anyone else having problems?

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PBG4 Dude View Post

I did this afternoon and had no problem activating the phone. It happened within the 3 minutes as advertised and I'm not even the primary owner of the family account.

Cool, you did this with iTunes I assume?

And the primary owner of the account doesn't have to approve the addition of the iPhone data plan?
  • Reply 42 of 46
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aplnub View Post

the problem is that a lot of phone users are getting iTunes to bring up the activation screen and u can't have it activated at the store. No doubt this is apple leveraging ATT to get iTunes in every iPhone house this is becoming a major flop quickly and apple better produce some answers fast. PR nightmare is about to take shape.

Could this solve your problems?
  • Reply 43 of 46
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    the problem is that a lot of phone users are NOT getting the iTunes welcome activation screen and u can't have it activated at the store. No doubt this is apple leveraging ATT to get iTunes in every iPhone house this is becoming a major flop quickly and apple better produce some answers fast. PR nightmare is about to take shape.
  • Reply 44 of 46
    physguyphysguy Posts: 920member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by physguy View Post

Just to add my experience for background.

I'ts been 15 hours now since I got the dreaded "Your activation requires additional time to complete". I was getting very frustrated so I finally called ATT. Turns out this is neither ATT's nor Apple's fault. It's T-Mobile. I have a business account on which I was previously NOT the authorized users. My company called 10 DAYS AGO to add my name as an authorized user. I call T-Mobile and found out that T-Mobile never completed the paperwork!!!! So my authorization has been held up by T-Mobile in the port of the number to ATT.

Just some background for others feeling the frustration.

So update-- after bugging T-Mobile everything happened in about another 2 hours so I'm now up and running. UNBELIEVABLE device:
  • Reply 45 of 46
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by okdale81 View Post

Cool, you did this with iTunes I assume?

And the primary owner of the account doesn't have to approve the addition of the iPhone data plan?

Yes, I did it using iTunes.

No, the primary owner did nothing, although I did need to know the last 4 digits of the primary's SSN.
  • Reply 46 of 46
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Got the activation window to come up...the sim replacement trick worked...more later as I have to deliver this to my friend who is freekn climbing the walls for it...