I'm so confused about this damn iPhone

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    Maybe the DRM free music will show up as ring tones?
  • Reply 22 of 28
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Johnny Dangerously View Post

+1!

At least there are some ringtones on the phone that sound like, well, y'know, a phone.

i had to pay $3 for a stupid ring tone to sound like a phone ringing from att my 551 had such stupid ring tones that i couldn't tell if it was my radio or my phone so now i've got the most obnoxiou sound so i pick it up,,,,, all those stupid phone "song" drive me nuts. also we should have a post for the worst ones. also i have a big shot with verizon that instead of the ring while you wait to answer now he has a song, which is stink quality and rap crap. i almost don't like waiting for him to pick up, then i text him.. people need to realize some of this is just sooooo pooor and lame.

my worst one was an employee i have to work around that had this

"you're phone is ringing..... (louder) you're phone is ringing...( way loud.. your phone is ringing).... then loudest "answer your studpid phone...you jerk" i was on a phone call to a BIG client when that went off... and he asked me what was MY problem... i had to explain that.....he then said after a laugh. if that was my employee that phone would be in the garbage and he/ she'd be fired

i quess with all the trash rap crap around employers will have to do something. it's embarrassing
  • Reply 23 of 28
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    It really is. When I got my Nokia a couple of years ago, I selected the second most sedate ring I could find on it. My wife beat me to the most unobtrusive one. :P We were in an Apple Store looking at the iPhone, and we were *very* glad to see that nearly every ringtone had some class. The only one I liked that she didn't was the classic phone ringer, and I just liked it for the kitsch value.
  • Reply 24 of 28
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NOFEER View Post

i quess with all the trash rap crap around employers will have to do something. it's embarrassing

No rings allowed, only vibrate, or no cell phones allowed if the business model will allow for that restrictive of a policy.
  • Reply 25 of 28
    my favorite ringtone on the iphone is definitely the Sci-Fi one. When the phone rings, every1 stares at u like ur a madman
  • Reply 26 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mydo View Post

I think Apple is doing a great service to the rest of us that don't want to listen to dumb ass ring tone.

• Reply 27 of 28
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Hey, looks like there's more than a few of us "I don't want to listen to 8 bars of midi Play That Funky Music Whiteboy while you fumble for your phone, dumbass" folks.

Hell yea!!!

Besides that, EVERYONE knows that Stevie Wonder's: Sir Duke (as performed BY some Funky White-boys) is a MUCH better choice!

Dave

P.S. Is their NOTHING you can't find on youtube?!!?