The Sims Bowling released for fifth-generation iPods

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Making good on its word to deliver, Electronic Arts on Tuesday evening released its interactive Sims Bowling game for Apple Inc.'s fifth-generation iPod digital media players.

"Join The Sims for fun bowling action! Enjoy challenging, realistic bowling anytime," reads a description of the title. "Use the Click Wheel to control, aim, adjust your power, add spin, and then send the ball screaming down the lane."

"The Sims Bowling party comes to life with vibrant graphics, sound effects, and multiple game modes," the description continues. "Enjoy 'Sims Life,' in which you create a Sim and compete in a popularity contest, or bowl against a friend in 'Pass-n-Play.'"

The $4.99 title, which is available from Apple's iTunes download service, is compatible only with fifth-generation iPods that are running iPod Software 1.2 or later. It will not run on other iPod models or the iPhone, Apple notes.

Among the game's many listed features are "accurate physics and vibrant graphics," a practice mode, and the ability to earn 'Simoleons' in order to customize your Sim's bowling gear.

Electronic Arts, which recently made a major re-commitment to Apple's Mac platform, has also promised to release at least three more iPod games before the end of the year.

Screenshots from the Sims Bowling for iPod.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    i guess this was why Apple.com was down earlier.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by syklee26 View Post

i guess this was why Apple.com was down earlier.

• Reply 3 of 12
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    I thought there already was a bowling game for the iPod. Maybe it was a prerelease announcement that I saw.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

I thought there already was a bowling game for the iPod.

EA will probably have hundreds of bowling game templates or any game for that matter. Take about a month to add new graphics and sounds for whatever popular movie or game series is out and you get a new game. At the end of the day, it's still bowling but they will generate sales because of the association.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    deapeajaydeapeajay Posts: 909member
    When will they make these games for the iPhone? I sold my iPod.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

EA will probably have hundreds of bowling game templates or any game for that matter. Take about a month to add new graphics and sounds for whatever popular movie or game series is out and you get a new game. At the end of the day, it's still bowling but they will generate sales because of the association.

That's true, but I haven't found a reference to a previous bowling game. Anyway, I did see an announcement a couple months ago:

http://playlistmag.com/news/2007/05/09/ea/index.php
  • Reply 7 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DeaPeaJay View Post

Not only that, why would I buy an iPod game now, if I know that I'll eventually switch to an iPhone anyway?
  • Reply 8 of 12
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

Not only that, why would I buy an iPod game now, if I know that I'll eventually switch to an iPhone anyway?

Because you want to play a game now?
  • Reply 9 of 12
    Quote:

I kept my iPod Nano and iPod Video, even though I purchased an iPhone. So, I can still play the iPod games on my iPod Video
  • Reply 10 of 12
    Quote:

You can play games on your iPhone . . . just not the ones on the iTunes Store
  • Reply 11 of 12
    squall58squall58 Posts: 29member
    Quote:

I kept my iPod Nano and iPod Video, even though I purchased an iPhone. So, I can still play the iPod games on my iPod Video

well, for me , i wish the iPod had the wider screnn,but the weight will be heavier~if wider. i can use the movie which is ripped by xilisoft iPod video converter more clearly~

by the way, iPod game is not good as psp~
  • Reply 12 of 12
    cloud167cloud167 Posts: 20member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Squall58 View Post

well, for me , i wish the iPod had the wider screnn,but the weight will be heavier~if wider. i can use the movie which is ripped by xilisoft iPod video converter more clearly~

by the way, iPod game is not good as psp~

xilisoft iPod video converter is a good tool for iPod.

But need money.

well ,i like iPod game,no wider screen,no need ,and the volume of iPod will be bigger