UBS analyst sees iPhone creating "halo 2" for Apple

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    vinney57vinney57 Posts: 1,162member
    Em, yeah. I think you're missing the point. You need to go to www.sensiblebalancedandboring.com
  • Reply 22 of 25
    shaun, ukshaun, uk Posts: 1,050member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by imacFP View Post

A lot of this "halo" depends on how good the Apple sales people are at taking iPhone interest and turning it into a Mac sale. Apple also needs to copy the iPhone ads and show a Mac actually doing something. Granted those iPhone ads worked because of the user interface being so different and the fact that you could do all those things on your phone, but it shouldn't be too hard to make a more interesting than the current Hi I'm a PC/Mac ads.

The I'm a Mac/PC ad's are just really dull IMO.

I prefer the HP ad's were you only see a pair of hands playing with various gadgets, etc with a voiceover from JayZ. I'm not a fan of his music but the ad's are very clever and make HP look cutting edge.

Or even something like the iTunes ad's. I like the 'Manhattan' one with U2 music.
  • Reply 23 of 25
    jamezogjamezog Posts: 163member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by psychodoughboy View Post

Halo 2 is coming to the Mac?

No, to iPhone.

• Reply 24 of 25
    shaun, ukshaun, uk Posts: 1,050member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

The AppleTV is fine. What we need is iTunes Store movie rentals with higher resolution to make it complete.

Absolutely. I would buy an AppleTV today if the iTunes UK store sold DVD quality tv shows and movies, but we are still waiting. Apple also needs somehow to get more movie studios on board. Just out of interest I had a look at the movies available on the iTunes US store and it wasn't very inspiring. Disney just doesn't make enough good (non-cartoon) films a year.
  • Reply 25 of 25
    Can't wait for Halo3 release on Mac, it will be a bomb, i hope so...