Macbook redesigned???!

2»

Comments

  • Reply 21 of 30
    My bad.. it was a bad sig nyway! XD



    Thanks for the feedback guys... i think i can safely buy a macbook and not worry about upgrades for a gd while.. SR probably wont effect me anyway!!
  • Reply 22 of 30
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    i see all the three models of Mac Book on Refurbished section, is it just coincidence or clearing of old stock already on the way for Santa Rosa MacBooks???
  • Reply 23 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shanmugam View Post


    what i am asking is the specs for $1499 if it is same as MacBook Pro then MBP should be upgrade to Blu-Ray and 250 GB HDD



    The point is that your $1499 price on that computer is rather unrealistic (especially for a Mac). Apple needs to sell computers for more than they cost for some obscure reason. Some accounting thing I've never quite understood.



    Same deal with a Blu-Ray MBP. BR adds $500 to the price of the computer at minimum. It also adds a lot of weight, size, and power-consumption. And a 250 GB HDD would be slower than a 7200RPM 200GB HDD.
  • Reply 24 of 30
    kareliakarelia Posts: 525member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shanmugam View Post


    i see all the three models of Mac Book on Refurbished section, is it just coincidence or clearing of old stock already on the way for Santa Rosa MacBooks???



    No, the refurbished machines are those that were traded for a new machine by someone who had a problem with it. Apple takes the old, busted one, fixes it, and resells it for a discount.
  • Reply 25 of 30
    If you hope for dedicated graphics, you will almost certainly be disappointed. The X3000 should be a decent upgrade though.



    Also, the SD needs to be standard, and the HDD needs to be MUCH larger. 80Gb is a joke.
  • Reply 26 of 30
    I'd expect a modest update somewhat like the C2D update at the end of last year where it's the architecture and not the clock speed that changes, though I wouldn't be surprised if Apple wanted the same treatment for the MacBook as for the iMac -- even if it's just to make black standard across all models.



    I think Apple could make some basic dedicated graphics work in the MacBook with a future update. My (very) early guesstimates:



    Good: 2GHz



    - 2GHz Core 2 Duo, 800MHz bus

    - 1GB of RAM

    - 120GB hard drive

    - Intel GMA X3100 video

    - Superdrive

    - $1099



    Better: 2.2GHz



    - 2.2GHz Core 2 Duo, 800MHz bus

    - 1GB of RAM

    - 160GB hard drive

    - Intel GMA X3100 video

    - Superdrive

    - $1299



    Best: 2.2GHz



    - 2.2GHz Core 2 Duo, 800MHz bus

    - 2GB of RAM

    - 160GB hard drive

    - 128MB GeForce 8400M GS video

    - Superdrive

    - $1499



    This is, of course, assuming Apple makes its usual round of fall updates in the first place. The spring updates were late and I wonder if Apple wouldn't be loathe to update just 4-5 months later. It may not be until early spring that we see a change, in which case the difference could be much more dramatic.



    And yes, I'm still hoping against hope for dedicated graphics in at least one model.
  • Reply 27 of 30
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,150member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Commodus View Post


    My (very) early guesstimates:



    Adding/amending to them...



    Good: 2GHz, 13.3" Widescreen Display



    - 2GHz Core 2 Duo, 800MHz bus

    - 1GB of RAM

    - 120GB hard drive

    - Intel GMA X3100 video

    - Superdrive

    - $999



    Better: 2GHz, 15.4" Widescreen Display



    - 2.2GHz Core 2 Duo, 800MHz bus

    - 1GB of RAM

    - 120GB hard drive

    - Intel GMA X3100 video

    - Superdrive

    - $1199



    Best: 2.2GHz, 15.4" Widescreen Display



    - 2.2GHz Core 2 Duo, 800MHz bus

    - 2GB of RAM

    - 160GB hard drive

    - 128MB GeForce 8400M GS video

    - Superdrive

    - $1499
  • Reply 28 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DHagan4755 View Post


    Adding/amending to them...



    Good: 2GHz, 13.3" Widescreen Display



    - 2GHz Core 2 Duo, 800MHz bus

    - 1GB of RAM

    - 120GB hard drive

    - Intel GMA X3100 video

    - Superdrive

    - $999



    Better: 2GHz, 15.4" Widescreen Display



    - 2.2GHz Core 2 Duo, 800MHz bus

    - 1GB of RAM

    - 120GB hard drive

    - Intel GMA X3100 video

    - Superdrive

    - $1199



    Best: 2.2GHz, 15.4" Widescreen Display



    - 2.2GHz Core 2 Duo, 800MHz bus

    - 2GB of RAM

    - 160GB hard drive

    - 128MB GeForce 8400M GS video

    - Superdrive

    - $1499



    no... they wouldn't kill the functionality of the 13" like that. More likely it would be the first 2 in 13" and the last one in 13.3 or 15.4" I still doubt the dedicated graphics, as it would kill the MBP sales.
  • Reply 29 of 30
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Karelia View Post


    No, the refurbished machines are those that were traded for a new machine by someone who had a problem with it. Apple takes the old, busted one, fixes it, and resells it for a discount.



    ... or they are ones that have been pulled from inventory to ship, but never shipped. My engineer friend tells me that over 60% of them are completely unused.
  • Reply 30 of 30
    rynoryno Posts: 1member
    Well I'm in the market right now for a MB and this was some good information in here - thx guys...



    Leaning towards the black one mainly because I think the white is going to show dirt? idk but I'm all for the SantaRosa update and any updates in Sept...



    If they update in Sept I'm buying one then.



    Also, I'd LOVE to have the option to have ONE ram stick instead of two 512's.. I hate that. Would want to have the ability to update to 2gb later with another 1gb stick instead of buying 2 and trashing the two 512's.



    I know these are all rumors, but when in Sept? Does apple have anything scheduled like talks or speeches around then?
Sign In or Register to comment.