Should I wait for Leopard?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 21
    gongon Posts: 2,437member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rezwits View Post

I'd buy one now that still can run 10.4 incase you don't like 10.5. The way operating systems go the thinner the release the better. And 10.5 looks to be just silly and feature ridden to a bloated status. I love 10.4 I feel it's going to be one of the best OSes Apple will have ever released. It's plain smooth and gets the job done. I would like to run 10.3 but I like the latest Safari in 10.4. That's just how I feel but if I wanted a computer the only thing I would wait for is the case design change but seeing how that time has passed for the iMac, there is nothing wrong with purchasing.

What, you have the Leopard beta or something?

Apple has been making the OS faster and smoother with every major revision, four times in a row. Until there's a good reason to think this one will be different, I'll give 10.5 the benefit of the doubt.

I was highly sceptical about the usefulness of Tiger features, and bought it pretty much only because of Spotlight. Of course, I totally loved it. The new things I found and the problems it fixed during the first day after install were enough for the price to be worth it.