Source: Apple to build double-decker flagship in Montreal

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 31
    citycity Posts: 522member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by abrooks View Post

Don't forget San Francisco

And the Grove L. A. and Tijuana, Mexico.
  • Reply 22 of 31
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by polar315 View Post

The wireless keyboards are still not available and will most likely wait until Sept for it.

Dollars to donuts it will be more like october than early september.. same problem/delay with wireless keyboards for last august's mac pro rollout.
  • Reply 23 of 31
    Holy Cow! I'm working at 1350!

Time to ask for a salary raise
  • Reply 24 of 31
    alienzedalienzed Posts: 393member
    Sweet! I live four blocks away from that location. I am SO getting a job there.

Woo Go Montreal! And Apple!
  • Reply 25 of 31
    sekiosekio Posts: 150member
    Good luck, according to Wikipedia "The retail store is notoriously "tougher to be hired [at], than [to be] accepted by Stanford University," says Senior Vice President Ron Johnson. During one talk he said Apple hired 978 store employees during 2002 from an applicant pool of 16,438, an 'acceptance rate' of 5.95%."

Montreal offers the extra difficulty of needing to the bilingual.
  • Reply 26 of 31
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

The Cupertino-based gadget maker is reported to have secured some 9,300 square feet of space along the 1300 block of Rue Ste-Catherine Ouest, where it plans to heavily alter -- but not raze -- an existing structure.

i dunno, but that sounds like the Ogilvy building to me. if that is the case, i'm not sure this will happen, as ogilvy is part of montreal history, and the hecka lot of rich people who shop there will not let it go. anyone know what other significant buildings are there?

on a side note, montreal's downtown core is filled with amazing pre war buildings, and they make montreal what it is. does anyone known if apple will take advantage of that character? i'd hate to see the facade of ogilvy drastically altered. the only big apple store i've seen is the cube temple on 5th in manhatten.
  • Reply 27 of 31
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pmcd View Post

Montreal makes more sense given that Toronto has become almost exclusively a financial centre with its artists incapable of surviving in its overpriced housing market. I love Toronto and chose to live here over Montreal but it seems to me that Montreal simply has a more vibrant artistic and imaginative life. There's a good reason why tourists no longer come to Toronto...

Indeed, Montreal is a world-class city.

Toronto one day hopes it will be, as it keeps telling anyone who will listen that it is.
  • Reply 28 of 31
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JimDreamworx View Post

Indeed, Montreal is a world-class city.

Toronto one day hopes it will be, as it keeps telling anyone who will listen that it is.

Don't forget the Canadiens, our beloved Habs, way much better than those Leafs
  • Reply 29 of 31
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hansning View Post

i dunno, but that sounds like the Ogilvy building to me. if that is the case, i'm not sure this will happen, as ogilvy is part of montreal history, and the hecka lot of rich people who shop there will not let it go. anyone know what other significant buildings are there?

on a side note, montreal's downtown core is filled with amazing pre war buildings, and they make montreal what it is. does anyone known if apple will take advantage of that character? i'd hate to see the facade of ogilvy drastically altered. the only big apple store i've seen is the cube temple on 5th in manhatten.

Close, but the Ogilvy building is far too big and such an important department store is not going to step aside for an Apple store. If the rumours are true, the new Apple store will open right beside it in the Mens boutique. this building:

I've written a bit of an analysis on the plans on a blog I contribute to here: http://www.spacingmontreal.ca
  • Reply 30 of 31
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sekio View Post

Close but the Ogilvy building is far too big and such an important department store is not going to step aside for a department store. If the rumours are true, the new Apple store will open right beside it in the Mens boutique. this building:

img...

I've written a bit of an analysis on the plans on a blog I contribute to here: http://www.spacingmontreal.ca

that's a relief... that building doesn't have much character that needs to be preserved. thanks.
  • Reply 31 of 31
    My thoughts exactly. it actually almost looks like an Apple Store already. Just slap some stainless steel and a giant glowing Apple logo on it and you're pretty much done.