Briefly: Jobs picks up 120,000 Apple shares in options move

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 42
    Is really simple you guys, markets tend to grow continuously, when they sink like they have lately, is no more than a great opportunity to buy stock at a low cost.

AAPL peaked around 140, with the iphone release

and its now 114, because people expected more from iMac and iLife 08 but more importantly, because of the global markets are going down.

but this means that its only smart to buy stock now!

This stocks will skyrocket back in christmas season when leopard's out and with this market sinking effect gone (plus any other product they release).

If i had money I would buy apple stock
  • Reply 42 of 42
    brendonbrendon Posts: 642member
    Actually the forward projected earnings growth is what supports a higher PE. So real terms, is the attempt of the market to price Apple for what it will be worth in the future. My guess is that Apple at <120 is easily a steal. Can you image being able to buy AAPL prior to the iPod craze? Well the iPhone should cast a letter halo because the UI of the iPod is nothing like the Mac, however the iPhone is ease of use and Mac like. The iPhone while disappointing some is still selling way better than the iPod was at the same time in their lifetimes. Verizon CEO has said that the iPhone and the market in general will be impacting their quarterly and yearly numbers. Nothing batter than having the competition tipping their hats. Already there is an iPhone 2 in the works, which is probably 3G based so it will play better in the world market and curtain markets here. Bottom line the iPhone has only begun and it is already way ahead of the iPod, and should cast a larger halo percentage wise until raw numbers over take. AAPL is a buy.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by newbee View Post

Apple, like any other company, is only worth what other people will pay for it ....As of now that is $117. ..Some interesting info for your consideration ... the price/earning ratio for Apple is 35.03 ....industry p/e is 29.96 ....sector is 26.55 ...... S & P 500 is....19.09.

That would indicate to me that Apple is still overpriced in real terms .... however, it's still only worth what someone will pay for it. As for me , I think I'll wait a little while longer before I go " all in "