Associated Press delves into legalities of iPhone unlocking

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 42
    ouraganouragan Posts: 437member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

You can modify it, just don't bring it back for repair. As far as legal advice to Apple, what are you talking about?

Jobs said they wouldn't stop people from unlocking the phone.

Sorry, Melgross, I wasn't aware of Apple's (Steve Jobs) official position on the iPhone they sell to customers. Then, the problem is with ATT, or the rumor sites are wrong in saying that ATT must pay a 10% monthly royalty fee for every iPhone customer for 24 months.

As for the $18 million signing bonus for Apple senior VP and general counsel, see:

New Apple general counsel secured $18 million signing bonus:

http://notes.thinksecret.com/secretn...osenberg.shtml

And, I must confess that rumor sites report that iPhone unlocking companies are contacted by ATT attorneys, not Apple lawyers, so there must be a difference between Apple and ATT's position about unlocking an iPhone.

My final point is that, if you own an iPhone, you can do what you want with it.

• Reply 42 of 42
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,599member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ouragan View Post

Sorry, Melgross, I wasn't aware of Apple's (Steve Jobs) official position on the iPhone they sell to customers. Then, the problem is with ATT, or the rumor sites are wrong in saying that ATT must pay a 10% monthly royalty fee for every iPhone customer for 24 months.

As for the $18 million signing bonus for Apple senior VP and general counsel, see:

New Apple general counsel secured $18 million signing bonus:

http://notes.thinksecret.com/secretn...osenberg.shtml

And, I must confess that rumor sites report that iPhone unlocking companies are contacted by ATT attorneys, not Apple lawyers, so there must be a difference between Apple and ATT's position about unlocking an iPhone.

My final point is that, if you own an iPhone, you can do what you want with it.

I couldn't care less about his signing bonus. that what happens with high level executive searches. I wish him well.