The New iPods !!!

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Ok, we are still only 30 minutes into the event, but:

new RED shuffle

all new nano (video, great battery life)

iPod Classic 160 GB

One more things is coming...

Engadget thinks the touch is not coming... BULL

Something is coming...

iPod TOUCH!!!!!!! YES!

8GB for 299, 16GB for 399

available worldwide in a few weeks

Wifi, Safari, YouTube

iPod WiiFi Music Store

Starbucks button

iPhone price cut from 599 to 399! Means it will be pretty cheap by the time it arrives here in Japan!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 36
    Whoah!!! With Wifi!
  • Reply 2 of 36
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    The touch is gonna have crippled storage I bet. NOOOOOOOOO! And it'll probably cost more than the ipod classic, so I'm guessing starting at 399! NOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Reply 3 of 36
    Apple is getting cash from me real soon if these are sold in Japan
  • Reply 4 of 36
    It has SAFARI!!!!
  • Reply 5 of 36
    They are going to sell so many of these
  • Reply 6 of 36
    It has SAFARI!!!!

If this event is going 90 minutes and we are only at 45 now...
  • Reply 7 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ebrunn View Post

They are going to sell so many of these

They better be making tons of them
  • Reply 8 of 36
    how many gigs on availale on the ipod-touch?!?! Only 8GB and 16GB? You got to be kidding me...
  • Reply 9 of 36
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    8GB and 16GB. $299 and $399.
  • Reply 10 of 36
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    I like the new iPods, but I was hoping for the touch interface combined with a big drive... guess I'll have to wait a little longer to see that.
  • Reply 11 of 36
    8 and 16 GB refer to flash memory storage on the iPod Touch.
  • Reply 12 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bg_nyc View Post

how many gigs on availale on the ipod-touch?!?! Only 8GB and 16GB? You got to be kidding me...

This is truly dissapointing to me. There is no reason to buy this over the iPhone because neither 8GB or 16GB is enough for the media it's supposed to be supporting.
  • Reply 13 of 36
    He better put that damn Wifi music store app on the iPhone
  • Reply 14 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Daffy_Duck View Post

This is truly dissapointing to me. There is no reason to buy this over the iPhone because neither 8GB or 16GB is enough for the media it's supposed to be supporting.

The iPhone is currently only available in the US... iPod Touch is available world-wide!!!
  • Reply 15 of 36
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    Limiting the touch model to flash memory makes sense but is kinda disappointing. I was worried the 8gb would be 399, thank god it's not. I have no idea what I want now, aside from the shuffle they all honestly have their pluses.

4gb nano and 149 is sweet, so it 80gb classic at 250, and 16gb at 399. Damn.
  • Reply 16 of 36
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ebrunn View Post

He better put that damn Wifi music store app on the iPhone

You say this like AT&T wouldn't have an equal (if not more) say in allowing this...

Edit:

More news: they’re bringing the iTunes mobile music store to bring it to the iPhone as well. Oh, and there’s a partnership with Starbucks that they’re announcing today.

Starbucks integration: When you get near a Starbucks location, you’ll get a Starbucks icon in iTunes Store. You can buy songs that are playing over the Starbucks music selection, and you can even look at the last 10 songs that’s been played and buy the songs there.

Source: http://live.gizmodo.com/

Happy Now?!

Dave
  • Reply 17 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ecking View Post

4gb nano and 149 is sweet, so it 80gb classic at 250, and 16gb at 399. Damn.

I'm seriously considering going to the Apple Store and trading in my iPod nano (2G model 4 GB) for a 80 GB iPod classic.
  • Reply 18 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaveGee View Post

You say this like AT&T wouldn't have an equal (if not more) say in allowing this...

Edit:

More news: they?re bringing the iTunes mobile music store to bring it to the iPhone as well. Oh, and there?s a partnership with Starbucks that they?re announcing today.

Happy Now?!

Dave

Yes
  • Reply 19 of 36
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Open it up to 3rd party developers and this would make a great iPDA platform. I wonder what kind of slots this has? SD? That would be awesome.
  • Reply 20 of 36
    iPod Touch - LOVE IT! We all knew we were getting touchscreen and WiFi but it never once occurred to me that the WiFi could also have allowed the iPod full web access, Safari! Genius! Why didn't that hit me earlier?! D'oh! There'll be a few moaners about the storage capacities, but they suit me just fine

As for the Nano's... so they're a lil wideboy style, so?! They're still little! I like em...

Shuffles - change of colour... again?! Whatever, LOL

But yeah iPod Touch baby... I'm still guna wait for iPhone tho