Apple introduces new iPod nano "phatty" with video and games

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 43
    I'm playing my new 3G iPod nano (8 GB) as I type this. (I had seriously considered getting an iPod Classic but that thing hogs too much space in my pants pocket.)

It's actually a neat little player with lots of new features compared to my now-retired 2G nano (I traded it in on my new player). Contrary to what everyone originally thought, the player is actually quite holdable in your hand, compensating for its increased width with a lower height. Now, I hope the likes of Belkin, DLO and Speck better have their cases out soon, because the case does smudge rather easily (though easily cleaned with a dry soft cloth).

However, be aware that you do have to change the way you run iTunes when it comes to copying files to your iPod. You have to manually set up the playlists in the playlist section and let iTunes setup the playlists and copy the files to the player.
  • Reply 42 of 43
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ecking View Post

Buddy, please put the crack pipe down.

The old Nano was 6.5 mm x 40 mm x 90 mm.

The new Nano is 6.5 mm x 52.3 mm x 69.8 mm.

Volumes (using your data):

old = 23,400 cubic millimeters

new = 23,729 cubic millimeters

That comes to a whopping 1.4% increase in size. For video. For a larger screen. For less money. For games.

His Steveness said that owners provided feedback saying they wanted video. I know I have requested it many times.

These are going to sell like hot-cakes.
  • Reply 43 of 43
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Volumes (using your data):

old = 23,400 cubic millimeters

new = 23,729 cubic millimeters

That comes to a whopping 1.4% increase in size. For video. For a larger screen. For less money. For games.

His Steveness said that owners provided feedback saying they wanted video. I know I have requested it many times.

These are going to sell like hot-cakes.

WORD!