Apple renames video iPod the "iPod classic," increases capacity

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 32
    Or you can just buy an iPod Firewire to dock connector cable from Amazon and save yourself the trouble.
  • Reply 22 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mikeys View Post

Or you can just buy an iPod Firewire to dock connector cable from Amazon and save yourself the trouble.

My day just keeps on getting better!
  • Reply 23 of 32
    They changed the case design again.

That means I have to wait for the likes of Belkin, DLO and Speck to come out with new cases that properly fit the shape of the new iPod classic models, unless you go with soft case.
  • Reply 24 of 32
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    The new iPod classic is grey or black.

No more white.

White iPods are no more.

This is the first time since they were introduced that Apple doesn't sell a white iPod.

Sniffle. Tear.
  • Reply 25 of 32
    so do you think there is any hardware limitations preventing this really nice looking user interface on the new iPod Classic to be put on an 5G iPod Video?

i know apple won't do it, they want people to by new iPods, but it'd be very cool to just put the new UI on my iPod video.
  • Reply 26 of 32
    I Just purchased an 80gig black Classic! An upgrade to my 15gig 3g I've had for about... 6 years, that I also lost somewhere around my parents house/van.

YAY
  • Reply 27 of 32
    Apparently God wants me to buy this because today, I left my 40 GB 4th gen on the bus, never to be seen again.

I was initially torn because I wanted a widescreen AND at least 80 GB storage, so I didn't know if I should get the Touch or the Classic. But then I realized I'm going to be buying an iPhone once my T-Mobile contract is up next year, by which time there will surely be a 16 GB iPhone. And having a 16 GB Touch and a 16 GB iPhone at the same time is the height of redundance and stupidity.

So since it looks like the Touch's capacity isn't going north of 40 GB anytime soon (and the fact that I am now currently iPodless, aside from my lowly Shuffle), it looks like the Classic is for me. Only question is do I get the huge one or the OMFG160GB!!!11! model.
  • Reply 28 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tetzel1517 View Post

Apparently God wants me to buy this because today, I left my 40 GB 4th gen on the bus, never to be seen again.

Could also have been Freud's -- Fehlleistung (Freudian Slip/parapraxis) -- instead of God. Subconsciously you wanted the new iPod, so you left the old one on the bus.

Or, it could have been that weaselly kid sitting next to you who swiped it when you were getting off.

God? Freud? Weaselly kid? Dog ate it? The excellent reasons for getting one of the new iPods are endless. (Mine, by the way, is -- "That's cool! Ooops, my car ran over it.")
  • Reply 29 of 32
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tetzel1517 View Post

I noticed you omitted the word "accidentally."

Sorry, dude.
  • Reply 30 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CosmoNut View Post

I noticed you omitted the word "accidentally."

Sorry, dude.

When I picked up my iPod today to take it with me, I actually thought to myself, "sorry buddy, your days are numbered." Was I, subconsciously, perhaps a little less protective of it than I'd normally be? Honestly, yeah. I'm still trying to get it back though, on the hope a kind soul reported it to the bus driver, who then reported it to lost and found.

I mean, I was getting a new iPod regardless, but wasn't going to buy it now (trying to be fiscally responsible and save for things). So now I'm looking at at least two months without a big iPod. But I'll live, thanks to my Shuffle and books.
  • Reply 31 of 32
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mikeys View Post

Those can be used to charge but not sync if I remember correctly.
  • Reply 32 of 32
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by slfranke View Post

I Just purchased an 80gig black Classic! An upgrade to my 15gig 3g I've had for about... 6 years, that I also lost somewhere around my parents house/van.

YAY

That couldn't be six years old yet, but I'll lie with you....you need a new one!