'iPhone Extreme' reference spotted in Apple.com HTML code

Comments

• Reply 21 of 45
    cubertcubert Posts: 728member
    Most of the time these code finds are real. I think this one is real, too. The naming convention makes sense (think Airport Extreme). I think this one is coming for real - possibly by Christmas.
  • Reply 22 of 45
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    The iPhone is the iPhone is the iPhone. There's no iPhone extreme coming out. There may very well be an iPhone nano coming out, but iPhone extreme, give me a break. When the iPhone gets a 3G chip it will still be called iPhone. End of discussion. What discussion? Yeah, what discussion.
  • Reply 23 of 45
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TBaggins View Post

Wowwwww, it's EXTREEEEEEEEME. It'll make me want to surf naked with my hair on fire!!!

Seriously, I hate names like that. So played out. \

As much as I hate to say it I don't really like the nae either, I don't really think it's true though. BTW, the comment above was hilarious, that's my quote of the day.
  • Reply 24 of 45
    palegolaspalegolas Posts: 1,361member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ThunkDifferent.com View Post

This was a pretty awesome find Tom. Even if it turns out to be nothing, i'm impressed. Even better I'm watching war games and the NORAD computer has 9 of the 10 launch codes and is about to blow a gasket over losing a simple game of tic-tac-toe. i'm not sure what that has to do with HTML in the apple website, but if you find the code, "joshua" please alert a dr. stephan falken before contacting an apple chat board.

Hihihihi...
  • Reply 25 of 45
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

I hope they have a better name than that.

iPhone Fabulous.

And they need to add a Booty Call button to the home page.

GTSC
  • Reply 26 of 45
    Have a look at the source for http://www.apple.com/feedback/airportextreme.html where you see the code is almost identical bar the product name. All these feedback pages will be generated dynamically from a standard template page with URL redirectionto make it look like they are separate HTML pages to make them search engine friendly. All feedback pages will use the same script to send the input data back to the right place, so they need the hidden variable to identify whether the feedback came from the iPhone feedback form or the form for airport, .mac, macbook etc.

In fact then this will be a typo in the script that inserts the product name into the HTML code which they probably copied and pasted from the line that inserted "Airport Extreme" into the HTML if you had "airportextreme" in the URL and a negligent coder accidently missed deleting the Exteme and because it is in a hidden variable rather than visible on the page, the mistake did not get picked up prior to publication.

I am sorry to dash all your hopes, but the other feedback pages all have the same product name in the hidden variable as shows on the page. They would not have a feedback form for all iPhones and then put a specific model in the hidden variable, let alone one for an unannounced product.
  • Reply 27 of 45
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Credit for this find goes out to Tom over at the iPhoneBugList, who stumbled upon the reference while attempting to interface his own site with Apple's iPhone feedback form (which is where the reference was spotted).

Tom really needs to get either a job, girlfriend, hobby or a dog (or any combination hereof)

I mean do some people rummage through the trash in Cuppertino as well (uh they had loads of espresso must be busy) or the private trash of the employees to get rumors ?

What I really want is an iPhone where I can install 3rd party software (never mind the SIM lock - cant have the cake AND eat it)
  • Reply 28 of 45
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CREB View Post

Rather unusual name for Apple. Perhaps a "gaming" iPhone?

The only other product Apple has used "Extreme" with is the Airport Extreme... right?

So is there some other Wi-Fi component that has been missing from the iPhone? VOIP you say?
  • Reply 29 of 45
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gandalf the Semi-Coherent View Post

iPhone Fabulous.

And they need to add a Booty Call button to the home page.

GTSC

Hello! I'm 39,900 pennies of FABULOUS!

But I'll go along with the idea that it's just a template that was copied and not fully corrected.
  • Reply 30 of 45
    When SJ introduced the iPhone he said it was a new product line, like the iPod is its own product line. With that in mind, there have been many varieties of the iPod over time and it stands to reason that the same will be seen with the iPhone line. That's not to say that this hidden tag has any relevance whatsoever.

Just keep in mind that like the iPod, more iPhones are sure to come.
  • Reply 31 of 45
    tbagginstbaggins Posts: 2,306member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by freelander51 View Post

Tom really needs to get either a job, girlfriend, hobby or a dog (or any combination hereof).

Hate the game, not the player.

• Reply 32 of 45
    kennethkenneth Posts: 832member
    I will be care-less for an iPhone nano. Meanwhile, since Steve said something like lowering the price for the 'holiday season', I believe that there will be something coming up during MWSF regarding to the iPhone.
  • Reply 33 of 45
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by amerist View Post

When SJ introduced the iPhone he said it was a new product line, like the iPod is its own product line. With that in mind, there have been many varieties of the iPod over time and it stands to reason that the same will be seen with the iPhone line. That's not to say that this hidden tag has any relevance whatsoever.

Just keep in mind that like the iPod, more iPhones are sure to come.

Apple should probably wait until next year to intro more models... there's a big bowl of hate going around right now what with the idiot amateur hacker bricks making the 10 o'clock news.
  • Reply 34 of 45
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post

I will be care-less for an iPhone nano. Meanwhile, since Steve said something like lowering the price for the 'holiday season', I believe that there will be something coming up during MWSF regarding to the iPhone.

That's because the holiday buying season is when Apple gets its best iPod sales volumes. Apple sold almost twice as many iPods in the last holiday season as they did in the following quarters. It's just too good of an opportunity to pass up
  • Reply 35 of 45
    mrtotesmrtotes Posts: 760member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CREB View Post

Rather unusual name for Apple. Perhaps a "gaming" iPhone?

Airport Extreme followed Airport when moving from 802.11b to 802.11g logic follows that the iPhone Extreme will be 3G.
  • Reply 36 of 45
    and i know where the careless edit was done... in india...
  • Reply 37 of 45
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    Good thing this was a mistake iPhone Extreme would be the worst name for the iPhone's sequel. At best it could refer to a 3G model with 16gb flash mem, but even then it's still a terrible name.
  • Reply 38 of 45
    Dang.. and here I am registering the domain name iphoneextreme.com lol
  • Reply 39 of 45
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TBaggins View Post

Hate the game, not the player.

I am a motor-sport fan...so I love the sport/racing/team but not necessarily the driver..

Fernando - I used to like you before you became a traitor....
  • Reply 40 of 45
    ecking: i love ur signature:-) LOL