Battery life with the 1.1.1 Update

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    Well, the problem is till here. I even did some testing to my theory of playing some YouTube videos, but the following days I didn't have any problems. Then, yesterday, boom -- my phone was suddenly telling me it was at 20% battery by mid-afternoon, after being taken off the cord at about 9:00 in the morning (charged all night). And it was a low-use day... I'd only had a couple of calls and a few voicemails.

The wifi search theory at least makes some sense.... except that my wifi is not set to auto-connect either.. just a couple of manual entries for networks that I'm commonly near.

I'm at least glad that I'm not the only one who's noticed this, though. Hopefully someone at Apple will, too. There's been a rumor or two about a possible 1.1.2 floating around, so maybe it will address any conflicts that may have been caused by 1.1.1.
  • Reply 22 of 23
    taskisstaskiss Posts: 1,212member
    Quote:

A surprisingly high number of users are reporting significantly shorter battery life after applying the iPhone firmware/software 1.1.1 update.

Forget Wi-Fi networks As previously reported, some instances of this problem appear to be caused by repeated, failed attempts to automatically join certain wireless networks. The temporary solution is as follows:

1. Navigate to Settings, then select Wi-Fi

2. Tap the arrow next to each listed Wi-Fi network and tap Forget this Network

3. Go back to the Wi-Fi screen and manually join the desired network

Failing that, turn Wi-Fi off, then back on using the Wi-Fi settings screen and re-apply the aforementioned steps, or turn Wi-Fi off altogether.

Delete and re-install iPhone 1.1.1 update This fix is a bit more involved, but has proved effective for a number of users and may be more permanent. It involves deleting the iPhone 1.1.1 update file from your computer, then restoring your iPhone, forcing it download and install a fresh copy from Apple?s servers.

Follow these steps:

On a Mac Look in the directory ~/Library/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates and move the file iPhone1,1_1.0.2_1C28_Restore.ipsw to the Desktop or another location. Next, connect your iPhone to your Mac, and select the ?Restore? option from within iTunes.

On a Windows PC Look in the directory C\Users\\Your name\\Application Data\\Apple Computer\\iTunes\\iPhone Software Updates\\ or C\Documents and Settings\\username\\application data\\apple computer\\itunes\\iphone software updates\\ and move the file iPhone1,1_1.0.2_1C28_Restore.ipsw to another location. Next, connect your iPhone to your computer, and select the ?Restore? option from within iTunes.

http://www.iphoneatlas.com/2007/10/1...ate-111-fixes/
  • Reply 23 of 23

Hmm... I'll give it a shot. Not really in the mood to try a full restore, but the WiFi trick is easy.