Comments

• Reply 21 of 31
    jesperasjesperas Posts: 524member
    Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal
  • Reply 22 of 31
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    [quote]Originally posted by jesperas:

<strong>Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal</strong><hr></blockquote>

is this so you can really test if OSX doesn't crash?
  • Reply 23 of 31
    dviantdviant Posts: 483member
    heh... regarding my "Half Life/Counterstrike" pick. I'm actually in agreement to the guy who said "Counterstrike?! WTF?"... my main reason for choosing wasn't personal preference so much as marketability.

That damn game is STILL really really popular. I was at a gaming LAN recently (yes I brought my pc...shhh). And despite all the newer games like BF1942, UT2K3, etc guess what was being played more than anything. You guessed it. Counterstrike. Go figure. :/
  • Reply 24 of 31
    Theres really only 1 game I wanna see ported: Simcity 4. I hear its in the works... but I want it
  • Reply 25 of 31
    mac writemac write Posts: 289member
    RollerCoaster Tycoon I and II with exansion packs.

I play 1 with loop to Loop through VPC, but it slow under X (on a Beige G3).

Next year (I hope) when I get a new PowerMac, I will be buying RollerCoaster Tycoon II to run in VPC.

Under Mac OS 9 with VP3 is runn decently
  • Reply 26 of 31
    DAMNIT! i just found out!! my iBook here has too little VRAM to play SC4!! >.<!!! I meet all the other requirements...

It needs 32 MB and i only have 8. >.<
  • Reply 27 of 31
    guarthoguartho Posts: 1,208member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Not Unlike Myself

Hands up anyone in the crowd who keeps a PC up and running 'just for games'.

(raises hand)

I would raise my hand, but after repeated crashes and system re-builds I just said "To Hell with it." Now I'm all Mac... and one game... well, at least my GPA has gone up.
  • Reply 28 of 31
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Right now...I would LOVE to See Rainbow six 3: raven shield...this game is really fun.
  • Reply 29 of 31
    drboardrboar Posts: 477member
    1) Combat Flight Simulator 3

2) Combat Flight Simulator 2

3) Combat Flight Simulator 1

4) any other WWII Flight Simulator

Since 1992 we have had tons of first person shooters:

Wolfenstein, Marathon, Marathon 2, Marathon Infinity, Duke Nukem, Shadow worrior, DOOM, DOOM II, Unreal, Oni, Quake 1, Quake 2, Quake III, Unreal Tournement, Rune, FAKK 2, Sin gold, Return to Caste Wolfenstein, Soldier of fortune and many more

For Good ww II flight sims on the Macintosh since 1992 (excluding the Leyte Gulf expansion pack for Hellcats and pure online games)

The list is:

and that is about it
  • Reply 30 of 31
    mattyjmattyj Posts: 898member
    Hmmm

1) Total Annihilation 2 (when it comes out on PC in two years).

The original is on the mac and far outshines the C&C series, and you can forget about StarCraft.

2) GTA:VC Heck it generates a lot of sales for the PS2, it would have to have clearer graphics and none of the bluring to hide the fact that the crappy PS2 hardware can't handle it

3) The new RTCW when it is out.

4) Halo, although Metroid Prime is a far better game.

5) Battle Field 1942, especially when the 970 is out, should run it easily.

6) Burnout 2 with internet play.

7) F Zero GC with internet play.

IF these were ported, damn this would make macs the gaming platform to own.
  • Reply 31 of 31
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Seven, you say?

Halo. I know it's not out for PC but it eventually will be (and it'll be available for Mac too). In fact I'm considering selling my PC (AMD 1700+, Radeon 9100, 512 MB RAM) and using the money to buy an XBox, Halo, a small TV, and an extra controller. I dunno if I want to though... the XBox will be old news fairly soon, considering it's been out for a year and a half already.

(for Bungie/Halo fans, you might have heard that the number seven appears numerous times throughout references to their games)

For the Mac, though, I think GTA 3 would run quite well on my 800 MHz iBook. Not really great but playable.