Apple Leaving 10.0.4 users in the dust

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I know 10.1 is new but now apple isnt coming out with anything for 10.0.4 like itunes 2 only for 10.1 <img src="graemlins/bugeye.gif" border="0" alt="[Skeptical]" /> <img src="graemlins/bugeye.gif" border="0" alt="[Skeptical]" /> <img src="graemlins/bugeye.gif" border="0" alt="[Skeptical]" />
«1

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 28
    Thank God <img src="graemlins/smokin.gif" border="0" alt="[Chilling]" /> <img src="graemlins/bugeye.gif" border="0" alt="[Skeptical]" />
  • Reply 2 of 28
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    No surprise, really. There's a whole lot of under-the-covers stuff in 10.1 that simply didn't exist in 10.0.x. The entire audio layer, for one thing.



    Why are you staying in 10.0.4?
  • Reply 3 of 28
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    [quote]Originally posted by Imacgrav:

    <strong>I know 10.1 is new but now apple isnt coming out with anything for 10.0.4 like itunes 2 only for 10.1 <img src="graemlins/bugeye.gif" border="0" alt="[Skeptical]" /> <img src="graemlins/bugeye.gif" border="0" alt="[Skeptical]" /> <img src="graemlins/bugeye.gif" border="0" alt="[Skeptical]" /> </strong><hr></blockquote>



    considering 10.1 is free at CompUSAs what the hell is the porblem?
  • Reply 4 of 28
    [quote]Originally posted by Imacgrav:

    <strong>I know 10.1 is new but now apple isnt coming out with anything for 10.0.4 like itunes 2 only for 10.1 <img src="graemlins/bugeye.gif" border="0" alt="[Skeptical]" /> <img src="graemlins/bugeye.gif" border="0" alt="[Skeptical]" /> <img src="graemlins/bugeye.gif" border="0" alt="[Skeptical]" /> </strong><hr></blockquote>



    Errrrrrrr...um...why don't you just get the free updater?
  • Reply 5 of 28
    bradbowerbradbower Posts: 1,068member
    <img src="graemlins/bugeye.gif" border="0" alt="[Skeptical]" />
  • Reply 6 of 28
    I think brad likes popping his eyes out of his head one by one.
  • Reply 7 of 28
    sinewavesinewave Posts: 1,074member
    My IQ just lowered after reading this.
  • Reply 8 of 28
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    [quote]Originally posted by MacAgent:

    <strong>I think brad likes popping his eyes out of his head one by one. </strong><hr></blockquote>



    "I heard one of Shannon Doherty's eyes is off center 'cuz it's trying to escape!" - Peter Griffin
  • Reply 9 of 28
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,261member
    Jesus man, get 10.1!



    Apple is trying to forget 10.0.4.
  • Reply 10 of 28
    Man, if you think Apple's leaving 10.0.4 users in the dust, just check out what they're doing to 10.0.2 and 10.0.3 users, not to mention 10.0.1 users and 10.0 users. It's just criminal.
  • Reply 11 of 28
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    uhhh, isn't the whole point of 10 the easy move up to 10.1???



    It's Free (or twenty bucks to Mail a CD to you) I often complain about the price of upgrades, but 10.1 is a substantial upgrade (it's the real OSX) so, even for 20 bucks, it'd be foolish not to get it.
  • Reply 12 of 28
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    You shouldn't even be using 10.0.4 at this point. The speed differences ALONE from 10.0.4 to 10.1 should be enough to push you over, not to mention all the interface tweaks and overall improvements.



    Get with it, brother man!



  • Reply 13 of 28
    Last night I restarted into OS 9 for the first time in a month or so and I was actually surprised at how slow it was. 10.1 is faster than 9.2 on my iBook.
  • Reply 14 of 28
    low-filow-fi Posts: 357member
    [quote]Originally posted by MacAgent:

    <strong>Last night I restarted into OS 9 for the first time in a month or so and I was actually surprised at how slow it was. 10.1 is faster than 9.2 on my iBook.</strong><hr></blockquote>



    Woah! Now that is a turn up for the books



    AJ
  • Reply 15 of 28
    jlljll Posts: 2,709member
    [quote]Originally posted by Colonel Panic:

    <strong>Man, if you think Apple's leaving 10.0.4 users in the dust, just check out what they're doing to 10.0.2 and 10.0.3 users, not to mention 10.0.1 users and 10.0 users. It's just criminal.</strong><hr></blockquote>



    I demand that Apple release iTunes for DP2
  • Reply 16 of 28
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    <img src="graemlins/hmmm.gif" border="0" alt="[Hmmm]" /> <img src="graemlins/bugeye.gif" border="0" alt="[Skeptical]" /> <img src="graemlins/hmmm.gif" border="0" alt="[Hmmm]" />
  • Reply 17 of 28
    addisonaddison Posts: 1,185member
    [quote]apple isnt coming out with anything for 10.0.4 <hr></blockquote>



    Oh yes it is... it has brought out 10.1.1 for 10.0.4 users.



    Did you need help in making this post?
  • Reply 18 of 28
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    [quote]Originally posted by JLL:

    <strong>



    I demand that Apple release iTunes for DP2 </strong><hr></blockquote>



    I want iTunes for that old alpha of Copeland I have laying around!
  • Reply 19 of 28
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Why would Apple support 10.0.x when you can get the 10.1 update for free that improves everything drastically?
  • Reply 20 of 28
    C'mon people... you've been had.



    This joke is getting old now... let the thread die.
Sign In or Register to comment.