200 Apple boxes being distributed right now!

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    mcarlingmcarling Posts: 1,106member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Outsider View Post

I wish it would be something like the Mac mini^3. 3.5 drive, built in power supply....

A built-in power supply would require adding a fan to deal with the heat. No thanks! The external power supply was the right engineering decision.
  • Reply 22 of 28
    ryukyuryukyu Posts: 450member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TednDi View Post

Apple is doomed!!!

LMAOROTFL!!!!
  • Reply 23 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by onlooker View Post

Promo stuff, and t-shirts.

Depends on weight/size, I suppose. When I worked Apple retail during the Tiger release, I can't remember which arrived first: the shirts or the "mac packs" (new OS install discs to be inserted into mac inventory close to release day so that all previous-OS macs would have the new OS install disc as of 6pm on launch day). The promo material came in large plastic cannisters for the wall banners and medium-sized flat boxes for the various signage to be displayed throughout the store. Retail Employee install discs came in a smaller box, I believe.
  • Reply 24 of 28
    C'mon folks...200 boxes and AI just ran a story today about Apple opening its 200th store???

It's just promo stuff...really.
  • Reply 25 of 28
    Ha Ha! Did not get that. Yeah, just promo stuff.
  • Reply 26 of 28
    The OS X Leopard software has to be shipped through someone either Fed Ex, UPS or DHL.
  • Reply 27 of 28
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by donebylee View Post

C'mon folks...200 boxes and AI just ran a story today about Apple opening its 200th store???

It's just promo stuff...really.

HOW MANY OF US ACTUALY READ AI?
  • Reply 28 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bdanaher17 View Post

The OS X Leopard software has to be shipped through someone either Fed Ex, UPS or DHL.

ups doesn't do apple. i've never seen an apple box except for an old imac and the new aluminum one. also 2 old apple crt monitors. that's all.