CPU Gurus: how fast is fast?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    SameOldSht said:

[quote] junkyard dawg:

for as long as i can remember you have been posting the most retarded threads and replies to peoples honest posting.

you are an idiot.

<hr></blockquote>

to which Junkyard Dawg replied:

[quote] And BTW, calling people "retards" is about as sensitive as calling them "fags" or "niggers". Why do you have to insult a whole group of people when putting me down? What did mentally handicapped people ever do to you?

<hr></blockquote>

and markjo couldn't help but to add his $.02:

SameOldSht did not call you a retard, (s)he called you an idiot. (S)he called you posts and replies retarded. But, then again, you could be right -- calling you a retard (or idiot) probably is an insult to mentally handicapped people
  • Reply 22 of 25
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    [quote]Originally posted by markjo:

<strong>But, then again, you could be right -- calling you a retard (or idiot) probably is an insult to mentally handicapped people </strong><hr></blockquote>

I do not agree with you but from a pure artistic view:

***SMACK*** ***SLAM*** ***BAM***

And junkyard dawg is down on a TKO :cool:

[ 12-08-2001: Message edited by: Anders ]</p>
  • Reply 23 of 25
    Markjo: That's a nice play on semantics you've got there.

By your logic, it would be fine if I walked up to a gay man and told him that he was wearing f"ag-clothing", and that his comments are all "gay". And following your reasoning to its conclusion, I would not have called him a "fag" or slandered gays.

Interesting perspective you have there.

It's unfortunate that you cannot understand my posts. When I try to make a point more often than not it's intelligent and close to the mark. When I try to be funny I sometimes succeed...and there's few things more rewarding to me than making someone laugh, it's some of the best therapy around for lifting someone out of the doldrums.

On the other hand not a single post of yours has ever made the slightest impression on me....they are just too bland and boring to work themselves into my conciousness. Now you finally caught my attention by playing referee, but who the hell remembers any of the refs unless they made a bad call?

• Reply 24 of 25
    You must get an awful lot of exercise jumping to so many conclusions

[quote]Originally posted by Junkyard Dawg:

<strong>Markjo: That's a nice play on semantics you've got there.

By your logic, it would be fine if I walked up to a gay man and told him that he was wearing f"ag-clothing", and that his comments are all "gay". And following your reasoning to its conclusion, I would not have called him a "fag" or slandered gays.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

I niether said nor implied any such thing. I did not endorse SameOldSht's insult to you, I just pointed out that you misidentified it.
  • Reply 25 of 25
    ok, um, er, ah oh yes... I also hope the G5 is a really fast processor. I almost forgot what this thread was about. For a minute I thought I had walked into a party after the third keg went dry.