Extensive Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard screenshot gallery

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 77
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ulmelqlo View Post

Ireland,

I saw that just now. Wow this really doesn't make sense but it is the case. I STILL cannot see the gallery in the main article. Oh well...

Click here "ulmelqlo". Now, scroll down and tell me if you see the gallery? Tip: just for the hell of it, wait until the page is fully loaded before you begin to scroll down.
  • Reply 62 of 77
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Click here "ulmelqlo". Now, scroll down and tell me if you see the gallery? Tip: just for the hell of it, wait until the page is fully loaded before you begin to scroll down.

Ireland,

I am trying it and it doesn't work. It sounds like I'm a total noobie but I am not. I think the first replier also had this issue and it is exactly as I am describing. I go to the gallery and the PNG files are not visible. It doesn't make sense but it's true. I can see all the other posts perfectly except that one. I am running a fully updated IE 7 on a 2.80 GHZ P4 Win XP.
  • Reply 63 of 77
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

Ireland,

I am trying it and it doesn't work. It sounds like I'm a total noobie but I am not. I think the first replier also had this issue and it is exactly as I am describing. I go to the gallery and the PNG files are not visible. It doesn't make sense but it's true. I can see all the other posts perfectly except that one. I am running a fully updated IE 7 on a 2.80 GHZ P4 Win XP.

Try Firefox.
  • Reply 64 of 77
    Fantastic collection! it really shows off the new UI; I can't wait for tonight!

What utility did you use to capture your screenshots?

I haven't found a utility that can handle the dropshadows and transparency that well. I typically get artifacts or really ugly dropshadows. If anyone else has suggestions or knows, please reply.

Also, how did you get a transparent screenshot of just the doc?

Thanks in advanced.
  • Reply 65 of 77
    tilttilt Posts: 396member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by geo06 View Post

using a pc?

Haven't used one of those since the year 2000. Am on a MacBook, running MacOSX, not Windows.

Cheers
  • Reply 66 of 77
    tilttilt Posts: 396member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Ireland,

Thanks for the link, I was able to now see the pictures. I could not see it earlier. I am running Safari 3 on a MacBook unlike the other poster who is on Windows.

Cheers
  • Reply 67 of 77
    Quote:

Ireland,

I saw that just now. Wow this really doesn't make sense but it is the case. I STILL cannot see the gallery in the main article. Oh well...

I can't see the images either and I'm using IE7, though not for long! Just ordered a Leopard preinstalled iMac and looking fwd to ditching Windows.

If you view the source, you will see that the images begin at http://images.appleinsider.com/leopard-launch-gal-1.png so just paste that into your browser. The images are numbered up to 29.
  • Reply 68 of 77
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brianus View Post

Uh, did they change the "Find" feature in Safari? It was supposed to darken the background of the page and put a spotlight on the text that was found. But in this screenshot, it looks like it's just highlighting stuff the old fashioned way. What gives?

They didn't remove the feature. If I search for a word then hit done then Apple+F again, it will yield a similar result to the screenshot you posted. However, it still pops up the text bubble when you search normally. They changed the color from orange to yellow and instead of a white border, the bubble has a thin black border. It may be my imagination but I think they sped up the bubble animation as well.
  • Reply 69 of 77
    C'mon people, Vista beats the pants off this crap!
  • Reply 70 of 77
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brianus View Post

Uh, did they change the "Find" feature in Safari? It was supposed to darken the background of the page and put a spotlight on the text that was found. But in this screenshot, it looks like it's just highlighting stuff the old fashioned way. What gives?

(Image deleted 'cause it was freakin' huge)

No, my Safari 3.0 actually highlights things in a nice yellow box, the same way TextEdit's find highlights things in Leopard ? yay for conisistency Apple!

So the orange is gone, replaced by the more polished yellow. Very nice touch.
  • Reply 71 of 77
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

In fact, To Do's are a system-wide feature. So when you create a to do in Mail, it automatically appears in iCal, and vice-versa.

iPhoto isn't part of Mac OS X, it's part of iLife, and iLife's not bundled with Mac OS.

I'd really like to see iCal, Mail, Address Book, Notes, etc all be combined into 1 application. Why are they all separated????
  • Reply 72 of 77
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tmedia1 View Post

I'd really like to see iCal, Mail, Address Book, Notes, etc all be combined into 1 application. Why are they all separated????

Eewwwwwww!!!!! Yuck, Yuck, Yuck.

While they're at it, why don't they integrate iPhoto into that same one application? You e-mail photos to people, right? Oh, and now iPhoto is in the application, we should add iWeb, so we can make websites with our photos in. Ooo, while we're at it, let's just check in the rest of the iLife suite - iMovie, iDVD, Garage Band. Hell, let's just roll every single Apple application into one great big ugly mess!

They are all separated because they all perform different functions. This means that the UI can be optimized in each case for the function intended. Why should you have to launch some huge bloated monstrosity of an application just to write a note, for example?
  • Reply 73 of 77
    delete - dupe post
  • Reply 74 of 77
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tmedia1 View Post

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

breathe

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

breathe

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....
  • Reply 75 of 77
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Daffy_Duck View Post

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

breathe

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

breathe

oooooooooooooooooooooooooo

What he said!!!!!!! For me also!!!!
  • Reply 76 of 77
    smeesmee Posts: 195member
    NONONONONONONONONONONONOO. (PERIOD!)

lol, you wouldn't like it if you tried it like that.

(were just giving you a hard time)