Sosumi B7 OS X theme released

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    katekate Posts: 172member
    Thanks for Sosumi, that is the first theme I like 90 per cent. All others were in the low twenties.

However I could think of some improvement in those left 10 per cent:

*Transparency in menus is so low that opaque would be better.

*Transparency of window title areas could be off as well.

(Both can be had by doing some other alpha mask I think, but as long as I cannot get the latest version of Sprocket I'm lost doing it myself)

*The progress bars and barber poles are a bit pale and I would like them a bit darker and with more contrast.

I know you cannot do this, anyway, I am very much pleased with what I got so far, but in case you do an update and find one of the above pleasing.....

Thank You.
  • Reply 22 of 27
    sinewavesinewave Posts: 1,074member
    [quote]Originally posted by Kate:

<strong>Thanks for Sosumi, that is the first theme I like 90 per cent. All others were in the low twenties.

However I could think of some improvement in those left 10 per cent:

*Transparency in menus is so low that opaque would be better.

*Transparency of window title areas could be off as well.

(Both can be had by doing some other alpha mask I think, but as long as I cannot get the latest version of Sprocket I'm lost doing it myself)

<hr></blockquote></strong>

I made them that way on purpose. Cause that is the way I like them

[quote]<strong>

*The progress bars and barber poles are a bit pale and I would like them a bit darker and with more contrast.

I know you cannot do this, anyway, I am very much pleased with what I got so far, but in case you do an update and find one of the above pleasing.....

Thank You. </strong><hr></blockquote>

As well as I made the barber poles like that on purpose.
  • Reply 23 of 27
    I must say, on Sinewave's defence, that the transparency he has included allows Sosumi to incorporate some of the stunning Quartz technology with the cleanliness and usability of OS 9. Actually its much cleaner and smoother than OS 9.

Removing the transparency would make Sosumi just another Kaleidoscope Theme for OS 9.

I'm rather ambivalent when it comes to the progress bars however.

And how does one acquire Sprocket? The link Sinewave gave on the Macnn forums was to a dead end.

You may reply to me in private.
  • Reply 24 of 27
    g4dudeg4dude Posts: 1,016member
    This whole idea of themes is interesting. If they come out with an Aqua theme for XP, I will really be tempted to pick up an Athlon 1800 or whatever it's called w/ the best GeForce 3 and that's not a good thing. Other mac users might consider it too. All I can say is don't be tempted by evil.
  • Reply 25 of 27
    [quote]Originally posted by G4Dude:

<strong>This whole idea of themes is interesting. If they come out with an Aqua theme for XP, I will really be tempted to pick up an Athlon 1800 or whatever it's called w/ the best GeForce 3 and that's not a good thing. Other mac users might consider it too. All I can say is don't be tempted by evil.</strong><hr></blockquote>

There are tons all ready. And they all suck.
  • Reply 26 of 27
    Nice job, Sinewave. This is the first OSX theme I've ever used for more than 3 minutes without removing it from my machine. I put it on my iBook and liked it so much, I put it on my G4 too.
  • Reply 27 of 27
    [quote]Originally posted by sizzle chest:

<strong>Nice job, Sinewave. This is the first OSX theme I've ever used for more than 3 minutes without removing it from my machine. I put it on my iBook and liked it so much, I put it on my G4 too.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Thanks.