Leopard driver install may hint at future MacBook plans

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 42
    fishafisha Posts: 126member
    I think the mini might jump to width and depth of the AppleTV but retain the height of normal mini.

Thats a decent amount of extra space within the case to address some of the current bug bears of the comments that there is a gap within the headless mac line up.

In a case that size, you could realistically have a 3.5" hdd drive for large capacity, and then the variants of a cheaper version ( appealing to the current mini-market ) with an integrated display, and then a higher spec version with perhaps a dedicated graphics card similar to the technology of the MacBook Pro.

That would go a long long way to addressing the gap of a higher capacity machine ( primarily in hdd and graphics ) that a lot of people ( including me ) are desperately hoping for.
  • Reply 42 of 42
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fisha View Post

I think the mini might jump to width and depth of the AppleTV but retain the height of normal mini.

Thats a decent amount of extra space within the case to address some of the current bug bears of the comments that there is a gap within the headless mac line up.

In a case that size, you could realistically have a 3.5" hdd drive for large capacity, and then the variants of a cheaper version ( appealing to the current mini-market ) with an integrated display, and then a higher spec version with perhaps a dedicated graphics card similar to the technology of the MacBook Pro.

That would go a long long way to addressing the gap of a higher capacity machine ( primarily in hdd and graphics ) that a lot of people ( including me ) are desperately hoping for.

Anren't you forgetting the Airport Extreme Base Station? It has the exact footprint of the Mac Mini for a reason... they make a great pair. The AppleTV could have been made slightly taller to mimic the footprint of the other two devices but I think it's obvious that Apple wants it to stand alone.