Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rob05au View Post

Sorry about that I should have added a little more info

This is how I did the repair and install

1. run setup

2. Install and Reinstall (Click Next)

Just realised what you meant, tried it and IT WORKED! Had to choose "remove components" to get rid of trial version before choosing "install/reinstall". Many, many, thanks.
  • Reply 22 of 27
    rob05aurob05au Posts: 348member
    Great to hear it got sorted out.
  • Reply 23 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jmnemonic View Post

Just realised what you meant, tried it and IT WORKED! Had to choose "remove components" to get rid of trial version before choosing "install/reinstall". Many, many, thanks.

I have the same issue, where did you find the "remove components"?
  • Reply 24 of 27
    I have just also uninstall the other part of CS3 like DW, PS, Ai, etc. That still didn't work. I am running leopard on a mac book pro
  • Reply 25 of 27
    We've just bought a brand new Intel G5 running 10.4.11, and installed CS3 on Monday. It ran until today when, after a normal start up, InDesign and Illustrator crash within seconds of launching, and Acrobat 8 quits after a few seconds...

Any suggestions? We've carried out a full uninstall and restall, to little effect.
  • Reply 26 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shaqui View Post

We've just bought a brand new Intel G5 running 10.4.11, and installed CS3 on Monday. It ran until today when, after a normal start up, InDesign and Illustrator crash within seconds of launching, and Acrobat 8 quits after a few seconds...

Any suggestions? We've carried out a full uninstall and restall, to little effect.

Could be anything. On a new machine it could be bad RAM. Or a corrupt font: check them with Font Book.

I run CS3 on a Leopard G5 Powermac without any troubles. So it should be something with your configuration.
  • Reply 27 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Archstudent View Post

what I've heard is that you need a clean install of leopard for it to work properly. I'm having the same problem having used "upgrade" install. So I will try the clean install later and let you know if it fixes the problem.

i think that might be the issue. i accidentally did an "upgrade" option when i installed leopard on my quad g5 and the cs3 apps were all extremely crashy. i did an archive and install option a week later and it's been much more stable. "upgrade" to leopard and cs3 don't seem to mix well at all.