Apple preps iTunes 7.5 for November release

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    When will iTunes finally support FLAC? Now that 1 TB external discs are affordable, that means 3000 albums can be encoded to FLAC on one disc... Why can't apple drop it's attempt at making Apple lossless industry standard and go with (by far) the most popular lossless codec out there?
  • Reply 22 of 30
    imatimat Posts: 209member
    Don't know if it has to be in the iTunes update or in the FrontRow one.. But I would like my Mac to allow me to watch the pics from Aperture!!

Currently Front Row shows no pics (since there aren't any in iPhoto). But I cannot access my Aperture Library from FrontRow on the Mac, whereas I can on AppleTV (sync options in iTunes allow me to select which library).

Then, if Apple wants, they might also remember there are users outside the US which might love to complain about the crappy quality of video BUT ARE CURRENTLY CUT OFF THE VIDEO STORE ALLTOGETHER.

If you implement 720p video then I promise I will not complain
  • Reply 23 of 30
    And is likely to tighten things a little to make it harder to hack the iPhone.
  • Reply 24 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Restalot View Post

.mac is down... I wonder if it is related.

Probably not, .Mac goes down quite often, LOL.
  • Reply 25 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Galley View Post

Amen, brother! iTunes really needs a "Featured Artist" tag.

iTunes has the Album Artist field but that confuses the crap out of an iPod if a song is flagged with an Album Artist that is different than the Artist, it disappears in the Artist AND album lists on the iPod. It does show up if you browse the all songs though.

Likewise, the Sort fields cause the same sort of issue only it seems even pickier. Have some songs set to Artist sort as "Pink" and the artist set to "P!nk" and forget to do that on every song and you end up with 2 entries for P!nk on the iPod. Except stupidly, both lists contain all songs for that artist not just the sorted songs.
  • Reply 26 of 30
    Just when I thought iTunes was going to skip a week asking me to update to the latest version...

Feels like a windows update world.
  • Reply 27 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mazzy View Post

Thee dupe management needs to be better where you can maybe check a box to find TRUE dupes and not simply the same song title. For instance I also have alot of jazz box sets loaded into iTunes by Miles, Coltrane and so on. Some albums might have several takes of the same songs which are very different styles, lengths and so on. Or maybe live versions. I would want to keep all of those

When I click show dupes, I would love the option to skip those and just show dupes of the exact recording that I might have already loaded in or have several from different albums (collections, greatest hits albums, etc.) Basically that are the same title, time and year. Then I would be able to remove easier than sifting through the many "so called" duplicated iTunes presents to me.

Something else I'd like to see with dupe detection is when I have multiple albums (regular album, compilation, etc) that have some duplication of songs on them. Sometimes I like to listen to a particular album, maybe due to memories of its' song order (or whatever).

It'd be great if I could have a single song file that was listed as a track in both albums, without having to do something like create a playlist for each album. I'd just like a way to not need to have multiple copies of the same song on my hard drive, taking up space, just so I can keep album track listings complete!

(Or is there an easier way to do what I'd like, and I just haven't figured it out yet?)
  • Reply 28 of 30
    I bet you a $1,000,000,000.00 they still haven't added Support for Window XP and Windows Vista 64bit which is LONG OVERDUE.
  • Reply 29 of 30
    mcdavemcdave Posts: 1,927member
    I just hope they sort out the task prioritisation in iTunes - I can't stream to AppleTV while converting a video and what's with the annoying dialogues shutting out other functions. I'm sure I need to know when something's buffering or writing tags but not to the exclusion of doing anything else (especially as iTunes has the ability to provide task info in the display).

McD
  • Reply 30 of 30
    7.5 is out for Windows and Mac. I have just downloaded both.

Randy