Four states dominate Apple's retail store revenues

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    I would just like to add an additional FAIL and WTF? for not including Virginia. The Tysons Corner store here in McLean is busy all the time.
  • Reply 22 of 26
    mobirdmobird Posts: 754member
    If they put one in Arkansas, I am sure that it would blow all others away.
  • Reply 23 of 26
    no surprise for new york. even in a relatively small city like rochester, the apple store is ALWAYS packed every time i'm at the mall
  • Reply 24 of 26
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lantzn View Post

There are only 4 possible states, WI is taken.

washington, wyoming, west viginia, wisconsin

LOL. Wyoming! They're the least populous state in the union. Jackson Hole is a ski destination so they could put a hole in the wall there but I can't imagine it would be worth it.

The Denver area has five stores. Colorado ranks pretty high on the graphs even though we only have 4 million people. I'm not that surprised as Denver has a lot of tech people and know good products. The University of Colorado Boulder (not far from Denver) has always been a big buyer of Macs.
  • Reply 25 of 26
    Why is anyone surprised that California, Texas, New York and Florida have the highest Apple Store revenues in the US? Those are the four most populous states in the US. Among them, they have nearly 1/3 of the population of the entire US. California, by itself, has a larger population than Canada.

It would be surprising if those four states did NOT lead in AppleStore revenues.

As for "having an Apple Store in every state": One doesn't even need to consider megacities like Los Angeles to see why. The Portland, OR-Vancouver, WA metropolitan area has a population of about 2.1M, more than the 15 smallest states, including New Mexico, West Virginia, and Nebraska. It's more populous than Alaska, North Dakota, and South Dakota--put together. The Los Angeles metro area is larger than all but 4 states; the New York metro area has more people than Florida--only California, Texas, and New York (state) have more people. New York City--by itself, not the metro area--would be the 12th largest state in the US.