TV Tuner

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    After I bought my first iMac I planned to demote my PC to a DVR. I purchased the SnapStream & Silicondust package - HDHomeRun and BeyondTV software for the PC, but BeyondTV software locks up constantly. Then I bought Vista Ultimate Media Center but kept running into Vista restrictions. So, I got the software-only download of EyeTV 2.5.1 to load on the aluminum iMac to work with the HDHomeRun box, but when going through the initial setup it says: "No hardware is available which supports the TV standards of the selected country." I tried the EyeTV tuner choices of "Elgato - HDHomeRun" and I tried "Network/IPTV - HDHomeRun". The country choice is USA. I know the HDHomeRun box works because from the PC I can open the SiliconDust HDHomeRun Viewer and watch all of the channels. Does anyone know how I can get the Mac EyeTv software to see the HDHomeRun box? Is there a Mac HDHomeRun driver that has to be loaded first for the current EyeTV software to see it? Thanks.
  • Reply 22 of 23
    I had the HDHomeRun also. Nothing special was needed, I just connected it to my router and EyeTV found it after going through the setup dialog. Contact Elgato if you're still having problems.
  • Reply 23 of 23
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fixmdude View Post

After I bought my first iMac I planned to demote my PC to a DVR. I purchased the SnapStream & Silicondust package - HDHomeRun and BeyondTV software for the PC, but BeyondTV software locks up constantly. Then I bought Vista Ultimate Media Center but kept running into Vista restrictions. So, I got the software-only download of EyeTV 2.5.1 to load on the aluminum iMac to work with the HDHomeRun box, but when going through the initial setup it says: "No hardware is available which supports the TV standards of the selected country." I tried the EyeTV tuner choices of "Elgato - HDHomeRun" and I tried "Network/IPTV - HDHomeRun". The country choice is USA. I know the HDHomeRun box works because from the PC I can open the SiliconDust HDHomeRun Viewer and watch all of the channels. Does anyone know how I can get the Mac EyeTv software to see the HDHomeRun box? Is there a Mac HDHomeRun driver that has to be loaded first for the current EyeTV software to see it? Thanks.

I was able to fix this by making a number of changes to the iMac's network config. I'm not sure which one did it because I changed them all at once: 1) Disabled TCP/IP v.6 so only v.4 was enabled. 2) Reduced the IP range from a class B to a class C. 3) Added a WINS server address and a Workgroup name to the iMac network config (this is most likely what did it). After saving those changes the EyeTV setup was able to find the HDHomeRun as evidenced by the automatic displaying of the HDHomeRun's network name as an available tuner. Thanks.