Steve Jobs to headline Macworld San Francisco 2008

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 74
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

If you meant like Dell or HP, then you might be right, but Sony and Apple are priced comparably. Sony's all-in-ones even cost more than Apple's.

Sony and Acer. The ad said $1500 for the Sony, the other brand had $1000.

Ad:

http://www.demaagd.com/bbad.jpg

Acer:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1193234282708

Sony:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1188560396687

I mean there's not really a consensus, it's definitely not exclusive for the entire industry. Part of the original story was based on FUD.

The pressed discs are very comparable in pressing cost, last I saw, $2/disc plus or minus a dime for both formats.

The players being cheaper so far have not pushed enough disc sales.

That Best Buy Ad is for a Blu-Ray ROM Drive and HD-DVD ROM Drives.

It's not a Burner so the SuperDrive burner option would be a much greater price.

They would just be a SuperDrive with BD and HD-DVD ROM only options.
  • Reply 62 of 74
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lookingglass View Post

$1,000 Mac tower, please.

Hello? Is this thing on?

That was so funny!
  • Reply 63 of 74
    matt_smatt_s Posts: 300member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aegisdesign View Post

I'm feeling pessimistic so I'm going to predict all the worst things that can happen so that I can be proven wrong hopefully.

iChat for the iPhone with the usual backstage chat with Phil...and all of Europe will sigh a huge 'meh' because it doesn't do msn and is therefore completely pointless, still, not that it matters as the iPhone still won't be 3G.

iTunes 8 attains full sentience and takes over your Mac entirely before it ushers in the reign of the robots.

This is awesome, cracks me up.

iTunes 8 will not only keep your music locked down, totally inaccessible and fully secure from you or anyone else - but will also listen to it for you, so you won't have to anymore. Think of all the time you'll save!

Homeland iPhoto Version will use face recognition technology to scan your Library, and will automatically email the Department of Homeland Security and the FBI if your face or any faces in your collection match those in a database of known and wanted terrorists. HIV is part of the new iDeath suite of applications that will be announced, which also includes iNverted iChat, a video telecom program that uses the Mac's built-in iSight camera to watch you day and night.

Apple will also announce the new "Mac Mod" mini-tower kit, sold for $299, which users must assemble themselves, including figuring out how to place huge ball grid arrays down on the motherboard using only a hair dryer and their wife's unibrow tweezers. Completing the kit is a sticker that customers can place on the back window of their Honda Element that proudly declares "I built my Mac Mod all by myself!"

My last prediction is that Steve will wear a really bright and flowery Hawaiian shirt to the keynote...

• Reply 64 of 74
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lookingglass View Post

$1,000 Mac tower, please.

Hello? Is this thing on?

I actually did laugh out loud reading that. LOL
  • Reply 65 of 74
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PB View Post

Every year's keynote is the most impressive of all.

Geeze you are brainwashed. :/
  • Reply 66 of 74
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by onlooker View Post

Geeze you are brainwashed. :/

Yeah, I know; needless to say I forgot how many years have passed since the last time I watched one of them.
  • Reply 67 of 74
    Hermes is engaged in wholesale of jewelry, arts & crafts, christmas supplies, cosmetics, sports supplies, bags, toys, hardware tools, and other categories of merchandise. We are located at the global manufacturing center of small commodities trade - Yiwu City, China,200km away from Shanghai.

We not only provide a wide range of products,fashionable and reasonable price to the quality and superior customer is highly favored,but we also can process the products according to our clients' requirements or find new products.

In business dealings, we strictly abide by international and domestic laws and regulations and trade rules, integrity management, at present, we have in North America, Western Europe, Russia, the Middle East, Africa and other countries and regions have conducted extensive business cooperation, and has achieved considerable success. In the days to come, we look forward to working with more domestic and foreign businessmen sincere cooperation,mutual benefit, win-win.http://www.yiwuhermes.com/english/pro.asp
  • Reply 68 of 74
    i want a $700 or lower mini replacement, to hook up to a flat screen on the wall!! nothing special it just needs to be fast, have internet and word/powerpoint/excel type software...
  • Reply 69 of 74
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gmoney_2010 View Post

i want a $700 or lower mini replacement, to hook up to a flat screen on the wall!! nothing special it just needs to be fast, have internet and word/powerpoint/excel type software...

Why does it need to be "fast" (which is a relative term) in order to do internet and office-type software? I'm not against what you're asking for, but why "fast?"
  • Reply 70 of 74
    because alot well almost all of the pc's i use are slow in starting up, opening app's and sometimes really slow in the internet. i mean it doesnt have to be like the fastest computer out there just fast enough to keep up with opening a few programs and starting up without having to wait for minutes
  • Reply 71 of 74
    Quote:

because alot well almost all of the pc's i use are slow in starting up, opening app's and sometimes really slow in the internet. i mean it doesnt have to be like the fastest computer out there just fast enough to keep up with opening a few programs and starting up without having to wait for minutes

I see what you mean by "fast" now. A lot of people use that word to mean CPU speed (latest and greatest). You're talking about a quicker general computing experience. Cool. Not sure (unless you have spectacularly old PC's running Vista -- or any PC running Vista generally ) why your PC's are so slow at the simple tasks (excluding startup). Mine always are pretty quick for that sorta thing.
  • Reply 72 of 74
    actually i havent even used vista yet and i also havent used a mac but i know thats what i want..
  • Reply 73 of 74
    Quote:

actually i havent even used vista yet and i also havent used a mac but i know thats what i want..

Can't go wrong.
  • Reply 74 of 74
    successsuccess Posts: 1,040member
    Do you think there will be new iTouch or iPhone versions?